Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   $10NL 6max - Top pair middle kicker facing flop bet - Action? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554502)

Draidin 11-25-2007 10:58 PM

$10NL 6max - Top pair middle kicker facing flop bet - Action?

I know K7s is weak but I like to limp with suited K and A for variance in my play. So please advise on post-flop play please.
First hand played for villain [SB]:

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

DRAIDIN (UTG): $9.30
CO: $5.70
BTN: $4.70
SB: $5.80
BB: $17.15

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to DRAIDIN (UTG)
DRAIDIN calls $0.10, 2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.20</font>, BB calls $0.10, DRAIDIN calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.40</font>, BB folds, DRAIDIN calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.40) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.40</font>, DRAIDIN calls $0.40

River: ($2.20) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.60</font>, DRAIDIN - ?

What action should I take on the turn?
What about Flop??

Nick C 11-26-2007 12:33 AM

Re: $10NL 6max - Top pair middle kicker facing flop bet - Action?

The calldown seems reasonable. Villain isn't putting a lot of pressure on you; probably he's either milking a better king or has something like ATo and just keeps hoping you'll fold.

mocky 11-26-2007 12:51 AM

You have top pair on the flop raise it up if he repops you you know your beaten.
As played im raising river.

JimmyRare 11-26-2007 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have top pair on the flop raise it up if he repops you you know your beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the river here is just a pure bluff. It won't get any value from worse hands.
I lean towards a fold on the river here for sure, if he is not one of those that bets small three streets with 2nd pair .

Delzek15 11-26-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would you want to raise this river? Not one single hand that calls do you have beat. If your going to raise anything it should be either the flop or the turn. As played the river is an easy call. Your hand is good.

Kik 11-26-2007 11:38 AM

fold preflop imo

Mecastyles 11-26-2007 12:54 PM

i agree with kik, just fold preflop. If you dont fold it you will get alot of these marginal decisions. I would raise the flop to see where i'm at, now u got no clue at all about what his hand is.

infinity235 11-26-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know K7s is weak but I like to limp with suited K and A for variance in my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't limp suited kings. Don't limp suited aces either. Raise them up if you have position. Why would you ever kimp Kxs UTG?!

Other than that, the calldown is reasonable given bet sizes, but your hand isn't even TPMK... it's TPNK.

Profish2285 11-26-2007 02:54 PM

Raise or fold pf, lean heavillyyy towards fold. If you want to make moves with weak hands do it in position, not UTG, its a major spew of cash overall. As played call the river as youre getting a little less than 5:1 on your money.