Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AK vs tag .... I just call pf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549028)

icheckcallu 11-18-2007 03:15 PM

AK vs tag .... I just call pf

do i beat any of his range here? Looks like at best im chopping here.

UTG: $25.28
CO: $12.53
Hero (BTN): $39.40
SB: $19.12
BB: $9.93

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75

Turn: ($5.85) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $4.50</font>, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($14.85) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10

14/11/2 standard tag.... boy im playing chow meow poker lately.

bsball8806 11-18-2007 03:23 PM

Re: AK vs tag .... I just call pf

PF is bad, raise it up to the pot.

postflop....this is why we need to raise preflop. He's repping AA or AK, but by the way you just smooth called preflop, he's probably put you on like KQ or KJ or some garbage.

As played, raise the flop/call a shove, or call down the turn and river.

icheckcallu 11-18-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF is bad, raise it up to the pot.

postflop....this is why we need to raise preflop. He's repping AA or AK, but by the way you just smooth called preflop, he's probably put you on like KQ or KJ or some garbage.

why would we raise flop here? I want value not getting called by a better hand.

As played, raise the flop/call a shove, or call down the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

wudabum 11-18-2007 04:05 PM

honestly, I think preflop is fine. If you raise, youre folding out the AJ/AQ/KQs type hands. Flop i think might be ok, but you have to find a raise somewhere in your hand like maybe the turn and call the river.

bsball8806 11-18-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly, I think preflop is fine. If you raise, youre folding out the AJ/AQ/KQs type hands. Flop i think might be ok, but you have to find a raise somewhere in your hand like maybe the turn and call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

you absolutely must raise preflop

Malifous 11-18-2007 04:17 PM

I agree, make it 3.25-3.75 preflop. and [ QUOTE ]
raise the flop/call a shove, or call down the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Monster207 11-18-2007 05:08 PM

You 3 bet this preflop and if/when you do hit and make a psb you are totally/easily able to commit yourself to the hand.

I'd 3bet pre to around 3.50 or 4, if he calls its a psb from there and then since more than 1/3rd of villains stack is in the middle its just a matter of getting the rest in. If he 4bets you preflop then I'm seriously considering folding this. Also previous history/reads plays a much bigger role.

Mr. Ratface 11-18-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's important to remember that at micro stakes the majority of the players are bad and will still call with AQ/AJ hands.

Gelin1 11-18-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's important to remember that at micro stakes the majority of the players are bad and will still call with AQ/AJ hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

Granted, NL10, but still:

Titan Poker 0.05/0.10, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | <font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button <font color="#C00000">Hero ($12.64)</font>
SB ($2.90)
BB ($11.51)
UTG <font color="#C00000">UTG ($9.94)</font>
UTG+1 ($7.53)
CO ($6.79)

Preflop: Hero is on the Button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG raises to 0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to 1.20, 2 folds, UTG calls 0.90.

Flop (2.55) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG bets 1.50, Hero raises to 5.00, UTG calls 3.50.

Turn (12.55) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG checks, Hero bets 5.00, UTG moves all-in for 3.74.

River (21.29) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero shows A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero wins 21.29 with Two pair, Ace's and King's with a Ten for a kicker

Jailblazers 11-18-2007 06:14 PM

Wait, so you all insta-fold AJ and AQ and JJ type hands whenever you are 3-bet OOP? (no reads)

Kasane 11-18-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, so you all insta-fold AJ and AQ and JJ type hands whenever you are 3-bet OOP? (no reads)

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ is an easy fold oop to a 3bet barring a read. JJ/AQ are marginal, AQ more so.

bsball8806 11-18-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ yes. I call JJ, and AQ depends on reads/position, etc

icheckcallu 11-18-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ yes. I call JJ, and AQ depends on reads/position, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3bet ak allday but I vary my play against thinking tags and this guy had uber nittty solid tag stat. 14/11/3 etcetc

Also why do u say raise this flop when I want some value? I dont think a tag calls here often unless he has KQ etce4tc. Im certainly crushing KQ here and onl;y beat againt AA KK and a sets. I dont like stack a donking turn here because he bet folds here alot since he isnt a moron. River I really hate my hand now that hes 3 barrelled because Im chopping here sometimes and losing alot.

Gelford 11-18-2007 06:52 PM

fold pf to avoid difficult situations later

shark_fishin 11-18-2007 06:56 PM

3bet pre-flop
as played, i think i would probably call flop aswell, i think RR and calling a push will only get u up against sets and fold out weaker hands most of the time.
but maybe im too paranoid...

DennisGPunkt 11-18-2007 07:44 PM

KQs is basically the only thing you beat here, but still you can't fold the river.

ClutchCity 11-18-2007 07:58 PM

You gotta reraise pre. I guess I can live with you getting a little sneaky and not raising on the button. If not then, you HAVE to at least raise on the flop. Your whole line is way too passive here. Look at the situation you've put yourself in; check-calling the whole way and then facing this hard decision on the end.

Also why do u say raise this flop when I want some value?

[/ QUOTE ]

You raise this flop for value. I would argue that you're losing value by just check calling. If he has a good hand, he'll probably pay you off unless he has a good read on you. Just because he's TAG, it doesn't mean he's gonna fold to a raise.

icheckcallu 11-18-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You gotta reraise pre. I guess I can live with you getting a little sneaky and not raising on the button. If not then, you HAVE to at least raise on the flop. Your whole line is way too passive here. Look at the situation you've put yourself in; check-calling the whole way and then facing this hard decision on the end.

Also why do u say raise this flop when I want some value?

[/ QUOTE ]

You raise this flop for value. I would argue that you're losing value by just check calling. If he has a good hand, he'll probably pay you off unless he has a good read on you. Just because he's TAG, it doesn't mean he's gonna fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre right but what good hand pay me off here knowing he plays real taggy and hasnt gone out of line?&gt; On this flop I have TPTK and its ver dry. Hes representing AAKKKQ any set here most of the time. He also 3ple barrel bluff this against another tag once in a blue moon.

Hes mostly likely to double barrel me even if he missed because he knows im a tag so raising the flop is not an option.