Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

VoraciousReader 03-26-2007 09:23 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Page 7.

As you prepare to bed down for the night, you see a light approaching. What is this?

“Halt! State your business.”

The messenger waves the flag of Eleria. The acting officers invite him into the campsite. “What brings you here? We have had trouble on the way. Archers, keep your arrows trained on him! State your business, and quickly!”

He raises his head proudly and recites the message in a high, clear voice:

“Her Royal Majesty, Queen Imynia, Ruler of Eleria, Defender of the Children of the Star God, Mother of the Heir Apparent, His Highness, Prince Nalanio, and Daughter of the Duchy of Perecia, bids you, Greeting.

“We have received word of your troubles, and wish to let you know that we have arranged safe passage for you. Our Neighbor, the Principality of Tarazzo, must remain neutral in our conflict, but is willing to allow your Company to pass through. He can guarantee your safety from attack, though not from internal conflicts.”

What a relief! Safe passage, and probably some friendly townsfolk with inns full of ale. But, given everything that has occurred, can you trust this message? The officers invite him to stay that night, and the group will journey on in the morning.

Night Group Event:

If you choose to follow the messenger through Tarazzo, turn to p 16.
If you choose to continue the path the party intended to take, turn to p. 40.
If you choose to have your company “interrogation specialist” question the messenger, turn to p. 21.

VoraciousReader 03-26-2007 09:31 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Night Villager Event

You are extremely relieved to be able to think clearly again. However, not unsurprisingly, you don't want any dinner. You just want a quiet place to sleep...preferably one where you don't get your throat cut.

a. Bed down as close to the tents of your new leaders as possible. Surely with tighter security, that will be the place to be.

b. Bed down as far away from the leaders as possible. Those wishing to destroy your company seem to target the ones in high places.

c. Climb a tree where you can see anyone coming from any direction and will get plenty of warning if anyone tries to approach you by climbing up after you.

Please PM your choice to GT1T and VR BOTH as soon as possible. Please put a, b, or c in the subject line of your PM. Actions submitted after 7 am EST will not count.

VoraciousReader 03-27-2007 07:05 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
<font color="red">It is still NIGHT</font>

All individual event pms have been sent as of this post. Results will be sent starting now.

Due to the delayed pms, we will accept actions for last night up until the Day Event is revealed at 12 EST. Results will be sent as soon as manageable after that.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks to everyone for playing.

Voting on the Night GROUP Event, however, closes in 54 minutes.

GetThere1Time 03-27-2007 09:19 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
p 16.

-You decide to trust the messenger. Your party is on high guard considering the peril that has befallen your journey. You all keep a great distance from the messenger, ever alert to your surroundings. You will not be tricked again. Most of the band rides far behind your guide in a lookout formation while two officers accompany him at the head of the party.

<u>EVENT RESULT:</u> <font color="red">Three random players gain day chat for today only. They may be ANY ROLE, good or evil. For the duration of the day, these players (who will be privately PMed orIMed) may talk outside the thread. The members of the masonry must remain secret and may not discuss the masonry in thread until its over (tomorrow). If I feel the masonry has been compromised, it will be broken immediately. When night falls this masonry is finished.</font>

turn to p. 47

VoraciousReader 03-27-2007 09:29 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
p. 47

The band calls a halt for the noon meal. You have been making such fast progress, the acting commanders have decreed that you can take a break and eat out of the saddle today.

One member of your party likes to eat in private and has no sense of time at all. So it doesn't surprise you when you are sent to find fnord_too. Unfortunately, you find him face down in a running stream. It looks as though he was knocked unconscious and drowned.

You yell for help, and Shortline99 comes running. He helps you carry the body into the camp...until he collapses.

Shortline99 has been poisoned by the assassin.
Fnord_too has been killed. He was an ordinary fighter.

It is now

DAY.

shortline99 03-27-2007 09:32 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
assassins can suck me

VoraciousReader 03-27-2007 09:35 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Current Roster:

aaronk56
BluffBlank
Boiler_bd
chuckleslovkian
dmk
durron597
DustinG
econophile
FCBLComish
fmxda
Iron_Yuppie
JaerdL
Jeremy517
kbar13
Kumubou
kyrosmother
lastchance
LuckayLuck
Mark_K
MDorand
metsandfinsfan
Nez477
shortline99
sighing
Thebram
Tiedup14
traz
Vavavoom
Voj
wdcbooks
xoom
Zurvan

shortline99 03-27-2007 09:37 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
also, i am fully in favor of vowels.

who shall we kill today, then

shortline99 03-27-2007 09:39 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
also, if someone would like to cure me, i think that would be greaaaaaaaaaaaaaat and cool beans for all

Zurvan 03-27-2007 09:40 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Does anybody have a solid handle what happened at the end of the day yesterday? I had a hard time following the thread, and just went with my early reads.

Based on those, I still like sighing as a wolf, and maybe durron.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.