Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   one of the weirdest hands i've played in a while (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541230)

Spurious 11-08-2007 11:57 AM

Re: one of the weirdest hands i\'ve played in a while

The problem is, that we are playing NL10, and they dont have 10$ behind, but 6$.
The 1/2pot bet might look weak, i agree, but doesnt 4$ just turn my hand into a bluff? I mean, i doubt 77 is pushing here, probably 99 would fold.
1/2pot invites all of those hands.
I think players are not playing back at those levels, especially if they have to commit theirselves to a pot.

I might be wrong, but just "they'll play back at you with a 1/2pot" wont change my mind.

I think I'd bet with AA 2/3pot here, so this might be the best bet.

subs 11-08-2007 11:59 AM

ive seen people push back with underpairs and overcards when they are getting shortstacked and facing a bet like this which is why i think around $3.50 is a good bet... the only hand you have to worry about flat calling or shoving on you is the CO... i feel really good about my hand against the other 2 villains

kolotoure 11-08-2007 12:12 PM

Flatting pf leaves value on the table imo. Betting this flop would be pretty standard

Dalek 11-08-2007 12:17 PM

I like pre-flop play.

3/4 to Pot bet. This avoids giving a free card to the other players who may have overcards which is most likely. It also lets you find out where you stand.
If re-raised you should fold. With 3 players, a set or A-J/K-J are quite likely (i don't think opponents have any overpairs except maybe JJ which is now a set.)

well named 11-08-2007 12:27 PM

I like the pre-flop raise, only time I might flat is if I have a specific read that UTG's raising range is very tight.

I would c-bet here, probably 3.25, and fold to a shove. It's kind of a sick spot but people call 3-bets with all kinds of overcards that missed here, in my experience. If you get called you are probably beat, but I think you take down the pot often enough to make a bet +EV. I think with 4 players in a 3-bet pot everyone will be playing pretty straightforwardly, so I'm not worried that a smaller bet is getting played back at lightly without a read.

bsball8806 11-08-2007 01:18 PM

many players at these levels wont be able to tell the difference between a 1/2 and 2/3 or 3/4 pot bet anyway... Fire away. Only the most observant will be able to tell that this is more of a feeler bet than a value bet with AA

Spurious 11-08-2007 01:37 PM

Ok, now the turn!

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $11.25
UTG: $10
Hero (MP): $14.70
CO: $22.75
BTN: $10.80
SB: $2.65

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.40</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.20</font>, CO calls $1.20, BTN folds, SB calls $1.15, BB folds, UTG calls $0.80

Flop: ($4.90) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.25</font>, CO calls $2.25, SB calls $1.45 and is All-In, UTG folds

Turn: ($10.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="blue">Hero...?</font>

What's our plan?
The shortstacked called, as i figured he would.
The CO called, the only one that has position on us.
What's my plan?

Mriswith 11-08-2007 02:46 PM

if there is a reasonable chance to get CO out of this pot, push, else c/f.

7c as a turn card is bad, since an OP/JJ would bet big, and if I don't, I'll face a bet from CO with the option to either fold or push w/ even less FE, since a mere call commits me to the pot and I'll be totally in the dark at the river - as I'd find myself if the turn is checked through and I don't catch a miracle T or 9 on the river.

So, I have $11 left and if I'd try to take another stab at the pot, I had to make a credible bet of min $7, so I'd rather prefer pushing. TT+GS doesn't look so strong and I have not invested that much so far, so I'd c/f here.

rgz,
Mris

well named 11-08-2007 02:58 PM

Check and fold to a bet. CO is passive, so I think there's a good chance that he will check-down anything you actually beat and he is neither betting worse or folding better hands here, which I think makes this a clear c/f.

wslee00 11-08-2007 03:03 PM

why are we not c/f'ing the flop? the flop is 4-way and that jack has a high chance of hitting someone else's range (QJ, KJ, AJ, TJ)