Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   what river line (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=260894)

Jay. 11-15-2006 12:06 PM

what river line

villian in this hand is an idiot, an aggressive one too.

past hand was HU i raise Q8s he calls, 886, i bet-3bet, he calls, turn: T, i bet he calls, river: 7 board: 886T7, i bet and get called by 47o.

now this hand

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

options, betcall, betfold, checkcall, checkraise-call3bet, checkraise-fold3bet.

danzasmack 11-15-2006 12:19 PM

Re: what river line

Against aggro idiot i c/r call 3bet.

mmcd 11-15-2006 12:52 PM

The first hand seems sort of standard for a blind battle. Most people I'd characterize as aggressive idiots would either raise you again on the turn when they picked up open-ended, or raise you on the river when they hit their 7.

In the hand in question, I'd bet/call the river. I checkraise a lot on the river, but I think he has A8o or 22 or whatever way too often here to check. I don't think you miss any value from bluffs by betting (if he has any sense) either, because on this type of board, I think you'll get bluff raised at least half as often as you'll get bluffed for 1 bet if you if you check since people bet/fold rivers on boards like this quite a bit, but you'll almost never see anyone check/fold.

I'd never ever take a line that involves not seeing a showdown here against a potentially spazzy player.

Jay. 11-15-2006 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first hand seems sort of standard for a blind battle. Most people I'd characterize as aggressive idiots would either raise you again on the turn when they picked up open-ended, or raise you on the river when they hit their 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, the hand isn't the reason he's an idiot. I just posted that hand for a referrence point and to show what type of idiot he was.

I should also meantion that the game started off HU between me and him, just standard splashing around there and has since filled up, so the game is a little more heated up than usual.

wackjob 11-15-2006 02:52 PM

I like a river b/c

Rudis 11-15-2006 03:23 PM

idiot sn? anyways, I think against these go to river idiots c/r is clearly a good alternative to bet call. I cant make up my mind on beeing threebet though. I would call. But I dont know...

Dane S 11-15-2006 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In the hand in question, I'd bet/call the river. I checkraise a lot on the river, but I think he has A8o or 22 or whatever way too often here to check. I don't think you miss any value from bluffs by betting (if he has any sense) either, because on this type of board, I think you'll get bluff raised at least half as often as you'll get bluffed for 1 bet if you if you check since people bet/fold rivers on boards like this quite a bit, but you'll almost never see anyone check/fold.

I'd never ever take a line that involves not seeing a showdown here against a potentially spazzy player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. I agree.

DING-DONG YO 11-15-2006 05:41 PM

So he's an aggro idiot. Do we know enough to know that he's an aggro idiot late in the hand as well.

I like a b/c for reasons already mentioned.

Surf 11-15-2006 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh. 11-16-2006 09:32 AM

i think he's got A high or a small pair too often to check here, and idiots usually aren't capable of making good value bets with a small pair in spots like this