Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   25NL hits river -- what's your recommendation? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350087)

Javanewt 03-08-2007 11:04 AM

25NL hits river -- what\'s your recommendation?

Sorry about the format, and I’m trying to remember details as best I can.

No reads. I’m fairly new to table.

Ultimate Bet, 25NL, 10 players

Villain in EP ($15) bets pot, one caller from MP. Hero ($25) is button with 9T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and calls. Everyone else folds.

Flop comes KTXr (three players)

Villain bets .25 into a ~$3 pot

MP calls, hero calls

Turn is a blank.

Villain bets $1 into a ~$4 pot.

MP calls, hero calls

River is a T (no flush).

Villain bets $2 into ~$7 pot.

MP folds

Hero?

Panic__NL 03-08-2007 11:29 AM

Re: 25NL hits river -- what\'s your recommendation?

this minibetting is ussually something like mid pocket pair, so i would reraise him to $6.

Mazzinger 03-08-2007 11:45 AM

It looks like Villain is betting K-rag (low kicker). I would bet the pot. If he has something he might call (he's pot committed). If he's bluffing (and he's intelligent) he'll fold.

viper930 03-08-2007 01:26 PM

minraise

Javanewt 03-08-2007 04:00 PM

Re: 25NL hits river -- How off was my thinking?

Was I totally off: I thought that if I raised and was re-raised, I'd have to fold; if I raised, a worse hand would fold.

I honestly couldn't see the point of raising. If anything, I figured I'd make a little more yet risk the pot.

Maybe I'm even weaker than I thought, which is frightening.

Panthro 03-08-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was I totally off: I thought that if I raised and was re-raised, I'd have to fold; if I raised, a worse hand would fold.

I honestly couldn't see the point of raising. If anything, I figured I'd make a little more yet risk the pot.

Maybe I'm even weaker than I thought, which is frightening.

[/ QUOTE ]

The river raise/fold line can be a little intimidating at first, but use it often enough and you'll become very comfortable with it. And you're nuts if you think a worst hand will auto muck to a raise(especially a minraise). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Javanewt 03-08-2007 04:50 PM

I just didn't know if winning another $2 was worth the risk. I think I was a little scared because I hit a nut flush on a paired board last weekend with a player betting similar, and I lost to a FH (he had a pp that hit).

Anyway, the player was an idiot with AK, and MHIG.

In the chat he wrote something to the effect of ""I’ll get you if you keep playing those ***** hands."

LOL. Thanks for letting me play with you. Wish I weren't so chicken. He busted a few orbits later.