Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   FD + Overs taking a stackadonk line (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525406)

thac 10-17-2007 10:17 PM

FD + Overs taking a stackadonk line

Villain is 31/16/1, he kinda is aware of position, but it seems like he limps way too often. He calls down lightly and bets when checked to a decent amount (granted it's only over 60 hands).. What's my optimal turn line? I figured a bet would get raised by a jack maybe and would get called by a 9 but I figured he'd bet with a lot of hands if I checked to him and hopefully I could win the pot without showdown.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $392.45
BTN: $116.45
SB: $298.75
Hero (BB): $117.50
UTG: $46
MP: $117.75

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, MP folds, CO calls $5

Flop: ($13.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, CO calls $10

Turn: ($33.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $101.50 and is All-In</font>

sh58 10-17-2007 10:19 PM

Re: FD + Overs taking a stackadonk line

i like it. it looks like you hit trip jacks.
on the negative side, he actually may have hit trip jacks

ofishstix 10-17-2007 10:30 PM

i dont necc. like it, but i think its prolly your best option here.

Fonkey123 10-17-2007 10:35 PM

ppl don't often bet/fold there just keep betting

thac 10-17-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ppl don't often bet/fold there just keep betting

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it okay to pray for a free card?

Fonkey123 10-17-2007 11:00 PM

Wow I didn't realize turn put up trip jacks.

C/r is suicide.

Fonkey123 10-17-2007 11:00 PM

c/f

sh58 10-17-2007 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/f

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't checkfold. he could easily have called the Cbet w/o a jack. my standard line would be to double barell the turn. c/r is ok too, we are in trouble against a jack, and the c/r is the best way to get him to fold if his hand is worse than trip jacks

Xanta 10-17-2007 11:21 PM

Bet/fold turn is OK, c/r is really awful in this spot. The jack is a scarecard for most of his range (pairs, pairs + gutters, overcards and gutters, whatever) and if he has a Jack you're going to know it real soon. People rarely will bluff raise in this spot either. Even better is when he decides to 'slowplay' his jack and you stack him on a ton of rivers.

OTOH, he bets the turn every time with a jack and never folds, he'll probably check marginal hands which may have folded to another barrel which of course sucks. Basically I don't think that his betting range on this turn is wide enough to justify a c/r semibluff.

SirFelixCat 10-17-2007 11:28 PM

Maybe it's cuz I'm running like [censored], but when I/Hero checks the turn here, villain bets 95% of the time, due to it looking like a cbet that is giving up, so even if he just floated the flop, this looks like a GREAT turn card for him to bluff at.

I think b/f has its merits...we fold out most every thing that isn't a J, T8, or the like.

C/R'ing here works vs everything but Jx and T8 I would think, but I'm not sure I'm thrilled with this, but it's thinking outside of the box. I don't think it's suicide at all, since we still have outs vs all be a FH, but it's the most variance inducing play here.

Personally, I just prefer b/f here.