Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   50nl, Set....He's not calling a shove.....or is he? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534214)

ShipitFMA 10-29-2007 10:06 PM

50nl, Set....He\'s not calling a shove.....or is he?

<font color="blue">Villian is 29 / 15 / 2.4 over 80 hands, i guess he's a bit of a station.</font>

<font color="purple">Recently i've been experimenting alot in those spots, the old me would generally just shove that river and hope to get called by top top or some 2pair but i believe i was missing alot of value by hands that would call a bet 2/3rds of my stack.

So anyway, i think the flop and turn are pretty standard but at the river, he's not calling a shove....or is he?
What hand range are you putting him on, how much do you bet?</font>

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $25.95
BTN: $54.35
Hero (SB): $49.50
BB: $171.30
UTG: $52.55

Pre-Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, BB calls $2.75

Turn: ($9.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $4</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $13.50</font>, BB calls $9.50

River: ($36.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $22</font>, BB calls $22

Profish2285 10-29-2007 10:11 PM

Re: 50nl, Set....He\'s not calling a shove.....or is he?

When he donks the turn its probably a top pair hand, possibly getting afraid of all the draws on board so he feels the need to bet. It could also be 56, but given the river action, thats obviously not the case. The thing about the river card is that this could be KQ so its a possibility that he just paired his kicker. However, if this is KJ or KT, Im not sure he calls a shove, but who knows. I like your bet here as if he has two pair, hes probably shoving into you anyway.

ShipitFMA 10-29-2007 10:15 PM

He didn't donk the turn^^, but i feel as though when i shove here im missing alot of value from hands that call 22ish. I find i get looked up so much lighter when i bet that much

MaltbyStu 10-29-2007 10:16 PM

I'd be thinking that anyone that calls the turn c/r on that board has a made hand.
If I was thinking that I'd also be thinking he's not folding to any bet on the river, hence, I personally push.

LT22 10-29-2007 10:17 PM

$3 or 3.50 on the flop

just bet the turn or c/r more so you only have 2/3 of a pot sized bet left to shove on the river

bet sizing is crucial at 100bb NL games

SnffnMrkrz 10-29-2007 10:18 PM

I think 2.75 is okay on the flop, but the turn should be popped to 16 at least. It leaves you with 30 into a ~40ish pot and it's an easy shove.

ShipitFMA 10-29-2007 10:21 PM

Judging by the hands that are looking me up in this spot in past occurances i think bet sizes a tad on the smaller side are probably better in the long run.

I'd rather get 2 villians to call me down in a hand like this than one villian to stack off completely here.

SnffnMrkrz 10-29-2007 10:23 PM

But the thing is, there was no draws, so most of his range is only kings or 56 or higher sets. He's gonna call 22 with the same frequency he's gonna call a shove and that is top pair, straight and sets. He'll fold midpairs to a 22 bet too.

ShipitFMA 10-29-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But the thing is, there was no draws, so most of his range is only kings or 56 or higher sets. He's gonna call 22 with the same frequency he's gonna call a shove and that is top pair, straight and sets. He'll fold midpairs to a 22 bet too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or will he [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

LT22 10-29-2007 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Judging by the hands that are looking me up in this spot in past occurances i think bet sizes a tad on the smaller side are probably better in the long run.

I'd rather get 2 villians to call me down in a hand like this than one villian to stack off completely here.

[/ QUOTE ]

have u read NLHE T&amp;P?