Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   25/50 Live Flopped Flush (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502806)

FoxwoodsFiend 09-17-2007 04:34 AM

25/50 Live Flopped Flush

Everyone but UTG+1 in this hand has 15k, only he matters though. He has 8100 to start the hand or so. He limps. In 2 hours I've only seen him get to showdown once and it was when he check/called 89x, then check/raised a 7 turn and got it in with TJ. Seems very straightforward old guy who's kind of tired at 2 a.m. and not at all a tough player. Keep in mind though that I've been playing 2 hours so my sample size is about 40 hands.

I've been playing tight by my standards but the table probably thinks I'm crazy because they're all a bunch of old nits who have seen me bluff once and think I'm a lunatic now because nobody at 25/50 would ever bet 3k on the turn without a monster but apparently I did once. I have played basically no big pots.

Anyway, onto the hand. Fish makes it 300 in, two callers, I call from SB w/3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], UTG+1 limps.
Flop (1500) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check, UTG+1 checks, preflop raiser bets $300, button calls. I check raise to $2300.
UTG+1 goes "how much is it?" Dealer tells him and about 3-5 seconds later he pushes all in for 5800 more.
Preflop raiser says something like "Young grasshopper (that's what he calls me because he's an annoying old guy) I was going to do that if he didn't. Whoo-eey. Sorry fellas, I got to think here. He stands up, grabs his crotch,and contemplates the situation staring at me and folds. Button thinks for a sec, shakes his head, and folds also.

So there's $12,500 in the pot and it's 5800 to me.

Call or fold?

durrrr 09-17-2007 05:00 AM

Re: 25/50 Live Flopped Flush

this is wayyy closer imo if you hold 27dd
edit: but i still get it in obv

BobboFitos 09-17-2007 05:02 AM

call, you have 2 straight flush outs if behind

disasterflop 09-17-2007 05:16 AM

cant wait to hear the results!!!!

dDiabolical 09-17-2007 05:59 AM

insta call, obv

freeucm 09-17-2007 06:06 AM

I like the fold preflop, to fire out on flop or the thinner check call, its gonna put u in an akward spot like this whether or not he flopped trips or a 10+ high flush which is about 22 hands once you get below 25 hands you have to play the hand to a T or your gonna be put in a spot like this, why check raise, im not even including the lower suited connectors which all goes back to preflop. I think you wanted to call this so bad you did and he turned over a bigger flush lol.

pete fabrizio 09-17-2007 07:05 AM

even if you're behind you still win like 10% of the time, so normally i'd say snap-call. but the 3rd player's table-talk gives me pause, b/c it sounds like he folded the Ad, and I imagine taking the lone ace out of the all-in players range hurts your equity a fair bit. still, that probably just turns it into more of a groan-call.

hoppscot22 09-17-2007 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even if you're behind you still win like 10% of the time, so normally i'd say snap-call. but the 3rd player's table-talk gives me pause, b/c it sounds like he folded the Ad, and I imagine taking the lone ace out of the all-in players range hurts your equity a fair bit. still, that probably just turns it into more of a groan-call.

[/ QUOTE ]

BobboFitos 09-17-2007 08:00 AM

ariel, another thing too is even if this guy NEVER SEMIBLUFFS he woudl think (vs you) a set is the nuts therefore he mvoes in.

Kirkrrr 09-17-2007 08:13 AM

I really have no clue... I'd think they might be playing back at you lighter than the norm for them, but UTG+1 still has players to act behind him and you get a really good feel for someone's game after 2 hours and it doesn't sound like you think he'll be semi-bluffing here very much. [censored].. probably have to call this though. He could have a set I guess. Really tough spot.

Kirk