Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AJo OOP--multiple limpers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550392)

OSUGreg1983 11-20-2007 02:57 AM

AJo OOP--multiple limpers

call, raise, or fold here?

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $4.70
UTG: $1.82
MP: $12.07
CO: $12.05
BTN: $4.45
Hero (SB): $9.71

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05, CO folds, BTN calls $0.05, Hero ...

gfejs 11-20-2007 03:33 AM

Re: AJo OOP--multiple limpers

Im raising 0.3 here. And betting almost all flops with 2 villians in it.

tcmNOWAY 11-20-2007 03:38 AM

Raise for sure. You don't want a scenario where you lead out a flop like J67 w/ two suits and one of the limpers reraises you. With the right board texture, you should be able to C-bet and take the pot if you miss as well.

Woody317 11-20-2007 03:45 AM

Is it too nittish to want to fold here? You're OOP with an easily dominated hand that has little chance of hitting a monster. I just think there's too much of a chance that we'll get 3+ callers and that's a poor spot to be in even if we hit top pair.

Also if i'm going to raise here it'll be to ~0.45 to give the limpers poor odds to call.

rothko 11-20-2007 03:46 AM

yes, too nittish to fold. raise it up.

infinity235 11-20-2007 04:27 AM

Raise it up.

Be careful if MP comes along. Against UTG and/or Button I commit whenever I hit top pair because they are so short.

OSUGreg1983 11-20-2007 04:49 AM

I look at it this way, if you're a great oop post flop player with 2-3 callers, go ahead and raise. (5NL is full of calling stations who don't know how/when to fold, so I dont like this option)

If you want to play it safe and fold then this should be an acceptable option here. From experience, if you get 2 or 3 callers to a PFR, you will get a c-bet caller on ANY flop about 70% of the time. In other words, if you don't want to find yourself in a potentially marginal situation (especially since we will be OOP), a fold is more than fine.

I posted the thread to get some discussion going on this type of situation, because I think we run into it often and find ourselves in sticky post flop spots that we're not comfortable with.

mocky 11-20-2007 05:02 AM

With these kind of hands in SB or BB with a couple of limpers i like to make a nice big raise 7,8 or 9x BB basically enough to fold everyone out, which is usually what happens.
If i get a caller im betting flop everytime to give him a chance to fold.

Kik 11-20-2007 09:44 AM

I usually raise 4BB + 1BB per limper

Most of the time they'll all fold tho

maSkraP 11-20-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With these kind of hands in SB or BB with a couple of limpers i like to make a nice big raise 7,8 or 9x BB basically enough to fold everyone out, which is usually what happens.

[/ QUOTE ] your goal for a preflop raise is to get it HU, not to get everyone to fold... I mean heck, if you have pocket aces, do you want everyone to fold ur raise? NO! it's the same mentality. you want villain to call your raise (extra cash) and then own him with your sexy postflop play.