Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

NewTeaBag 10-18-2007 12:13 PM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Muhahahahahaah!

Phuket still a rockin!

That is all!

PS Thailand haterz, WTF you doin in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

dont kill ander's liver too fast!

[/ QUOTE ]

His liver is ok (aside from the fact that he can down 6 shots of tequila, 6 shots of vodka, 1 shot of red label and 2 beers in 1 hr without even seeming the slightest bit drenk).

He is, of course, enjoying the ole juggling 3 giks at once routine though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

drexah 10-18-2007 05:47 PM

rewket should of never ever found this thread. god some of you guys are such degens didnt you already contract an STD rewket?

ofdabeat 10-18-2007 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rewket should of never ever found this thread. god some of you guys are such degens didnt you already contract an STD rewket?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

obv

iFEARrewket! 10-19-2007 04:06 AM

im simply a whore.

im trying to change.

Hopefully ill be on thai TV soon :*]
thai brad pitt on its way

Korovjev 10-19-2007 09:49 AM

Does anyone kwow if NoiQpoker is working in Thailand? Or some other iPoker site. I didn't find anything using search feature.

Thanks!

jephavn 10-19-2007 04:55 PM

Well NoiQpoker is working on and off. Ofdabeat plays there, but it is bit stage. Some days it's works in the morning for some hours, then it wont connect and then it works again in the evening.

But fulltiltpoker is stable here, as well of a few other sites, so you're able to get some reliable sites here.

cookie 10-19-2007 06:49 PM

beats 10-19-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are outside of the USA for at least 330 days in any given tax year then your first 80k is 100% tax free. There are certain limitations to this law though so you should read up on the specifics. 'Self employment income' is not covered by this break. Im not sure if poker winnings falls under this category so if it doesnt then you should be home free.

The tax break alone is more then enough reason to live in Thailand if you are making more then 80k playing.

Additionally, under certain circumstances you can deduct your housing costs among other things. So if you make more then 80k you could still take some nice deductions off the rest.

(My uncle is a CPA and did my taxes and I paid almost nothing while living in Thailand for 2+ years)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to be working legally in Thailand to file for that exclusion. It is technically illegal to work under a tourist visa not to mention illegal to gamble in Thailand so I think you can only exclude foreign income if you had a work permit in Thailand. (not easy to obtain)

farang0 10-19-2007 08:51 PM

The US government is not going to check to see if you were working legally in Thailand, and the Thai govt will never know that you were working, so why bother trying to get a work permit?

WhoIam 10-20-2007 12:11 AM

You French guys should come to Vientiane since we have French-speaking bargirls here. This might be a better place to surrender your money.