Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

dboy23 10-28-2006 07:02 AM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

Well degen I think you gave me the Thai fever. I have a thai friend who I asked a bunch of questions. Seems like an awesome place and I will be going summer 08 or sooner. Hopefully I'll learn a good amount of thai before then so I can benifit from immersion and have another language under my belt.

10-28-2006 07:16 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

donkeylove 10-28-2006 07:57 AM

if you dedicated a few hours a day to it and hired a teacher, how long for an educated american to become passable in thai?in country of course

10-28-2006 08:05 AM

farang0 10-28-2006 08:55 AM

I need to start learning thai.

I get by pretty good and can make the ladies laugh, which is good enough in my book.

Ive been to NagyYuan already, [censored] amazing there.

farang0 10-28-2006 03:51 PM

Saturday night in Samui: Good [censored] times.

Just to prove my point mentioned above about farang chicks being desperate, tonight the white chicks were hounding me more then the Thai hookerrs. Desperate bitches. I gave them the cold sholder and deverted my eyes back to the gorgous asian eye candy.

Shot some pool over at green mango. Played a bunch of games before I realized that the balls from 2 tables were messed up and we have 8 stripes and only 6 solids. I was stripes all night too, no wonder I lost tonight.

fish2plus2 10-28-2006 04:23 PM

if you dedicated a few hours a day to it and hired a teacher, how long for an educated american to become passable in thai?

certain people will probably do better. i never really cared enough to take a class. i just practice with some software, books, and other people. ive begun to learn to write thai because this is supposed to help you speak it better. once you speak enough to get by i think it can be v hard to push yourself to do more. it can be really fustrating when someone is teaching you and they say "No, its not Toong, its Toong" and they both sound exactly the same to you.

the best apart about speaking some thai is the strange looks people make when you come out with.

to be honest, most of the white chicks i find myself attracted to are the high schoolers around 16 years old. i guess i am turning thai!

MagicNinja 10-28-2006 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bans

[/ QUOTE ]

10-28-2006 08:14 PM

farang0 10-28-2006 11:22 PM

I have cd's / software / books for learning Thai and I was dedicating an hour or 2 a day on it trying to learn to write as well. But I havent used it in abotu 6 months.

I can still get by pretty decent. Its fun when your out shopping and you can listen to all the girls and their friends talk about you as you walk by and maybe throw a comment in yourself.