Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Flush on the flop - What would you change of hero's actions? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389182)

SelfInflicted 04-26-2007 04:23 PM

Flush on the flop - What would you change of hero\'s actions?

Villian is 29/14

What would you change about how Hero played this hand?

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05./$0.10.
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $6.98
UTG+1: $18.15
Hero: $9.65
Button: $16.42
SB: $11.82
BB: $3.64

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.35</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.2, UTG raises to $.60</font>. Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.6, UTG raises to $2.00.</font> Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $4.03</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $9.71

jmgambler 04-26-2007 05:13 PM

Re: Flush on the flop - What would you change of hero\'s actions?

I think I would probably push on the turn is the only thing, as played it seems fine you got all his money it at the end

juanepr 04-26-2007 06:34 PM

I push the turn. It seems like you ran into a FH or a lower flush. I can't see him c/r twice with anything else. Hopefully it was the flush.

Supwithbates 04-26-2007 07:20 PM

Fold preflop, UTG's stack isn't big enough to pay you off when you hit the flush to make it a profitable call, and your kicker is too weak to be playing that for value.

Bet more on that flop, that 20 cent bet doesn't accomplish anything. When he raises, reraise. Stop trying to slowplay and get the money in.

Smooxy 04-26-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop, UTG's stack isn't big enough to pay you off when you hit the flush to make it a profitable call, and your kicker is too weak to be playing that for value.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would you please be so kind and explain that to me ?
UTG got a stack of nearly 70BB...
This is only a standard raise of 3,5BB and i normaly call this with A9s on NL10 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Spanky1974 04-27-2007 01:14 AM

Bet more on the flop. Re-raise the flop. I see sets play monotone boards hard a lot because they don't want to see another diamond come. If he has a set, 2 pair, smaller flush or an overpair, you might be able to get a lot more money in on the flop. Another diamond on the turn might kill any more action. As played, your turn bet looks so weak that you really have no idea of his hand strength. He very well could be raising because he thinks you are weak, or because he has a huge hand.

Genz 04-27-2007 01:35 AM

Bet more on the flop and turn. Your bet sizes aren't good. You are giving sets good odds to draw at a fh and you fail to give other draws bad odds too since they always chase on these limits. He could easily have KK or QQ with a diamond here. Or AK, AQ.

Lego05 04-27-2007 10:13 AM

I'd fold pre-flop.

After he raises you on the flop reraise him.

C4LL4W4Y 04-27-2007 10:17 AM

I'd probably fold preflop, but as played I'd most likely 3b on the flop, though calling and letting him lead the turn is fine too. However once you get c/r'ed for the second straight street it's time to realize villain loves his hand and 3b him this time.

fairlynewguy 04-27-2007 10:18 AM

I'd fold pf but as played I like the line.