Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Five Diamond $1.5K: TPGK facing raise on flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555731)

Todd Terry 11-27-2007 05:25 PM

Five Diamond $1.5K: TPGK facing raise on flop

20 minutes in, 25/50, I and Villain have about 2500 chips (started with 3K). No significant hands have been played by either of us, he gives the impression of knowing what he's doing. I raise UTG to 125 with AdQs, Villain calls in CO, button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: Ac 7c 7s

I bet 300, Villain makes it 800, other 2 players fold. Hero?

uclabruinz 11-27-2007 05:43 PM

Re: Five Diamond $1.5K: TPGK facing raise on flop

Given your position and flop bet into three other players on that board, and that you say he appears to know what he is doing, and that there are two other players left to act after his flop raise, I think he has 7x here a LOT. Tough fold, but probably correct.

Paul Thomson 11-27-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given your position and flop bet into three other players on that board, and that you say he appears to know what he is doing, and that there are two other players left to act after his flop raise, I think he has 7x here a LOT. Tough fold, but probably correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

sheetsworld 11-27-2007 05:58 PM

I am not folding so quickly here. I think he has Ace worse more often than a 7 and a flush draw alot as well. I probably go ahead and call or shove or whatever and then register for the stuper.

sheets

Bakes 11-27-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not folding so quickly here. I think he has Ace worse more often than a 7 and a flush draw alot as well. I probably go ahead and call or shove or whatever and then register for the stuper.

sheets

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT!!

Clayton 11-27-2007 07:43 PM

on this board and with these stacksizes with 2 left to act, I am more likely to put the guy on an ace or a flushdraw and not a bare seven at all. i prolly shove and if he has AK then i tap the table.

its obv one of those spots where we are making a retardedly thin value shove, but the ev/merits of it seem far greater than just folding.

also i prob make it 175 pre but thats whatever

uclabruinz 11-27-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on this board and with these stacksizes with 2 left to act, I am more likely to put the guy on an ace or a flushdraw and not a bare seven at all. i prolly shove and if he has AK then i tap the table.

its obv one of those spots where we are making a retardedly thin value shove, but the ev/merits of it seem far greater than just folding.

also i prob make it 175 pre but thats whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly that was my gut reaction, and I almost typed it. What changed my mind was the read that villain appears to know what he is doing, and that we raised preflop from UTG, and then bet into 3 villains on an A77 two-suited flop. I doubt he thinks we are ever folding, so particularly live I think he is more inclined to call with flush draws. I also think he throws away a ton of Ax hands preflop. I don't know, it's close like I said.

Clayton 11-27-2007 08:41 PM

Meh, I think a live player can make a "feeler raise" with a flushdraw in the hopes to get a free rivercard if called. Also considering what Todds UTG raising range is, its all the more optimal to make a feeler raise to get out KK-TT if Todd felt the need to Cbet that flop.

And also, I know everyone who posts here plays a level of poker where AT on a A77 flop is to be treated with a WA/WB perspective, but I dont think a random "good" $1500 bellagio tournament player can treat it the same way.

However the most important part is if you shove and lose, you can go wherever you want in Vegas and enjoy yourself, whereas in many other live tournament venues you dont have this option. So send it in, ldo.