Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   pocKK, and villian donks when Ace on flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552203)

maverickai 11-22-2007 12:15 PM

pocKK, and villian donks when Ace on flop

No reads on villian

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">HERO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">HERO ??

How to analyse this kinda situation when villian donks with an ace, and I have no reads on him?

I always have difficulty knowing what to do in this kinda situation.

Niediam 11-22-2007 12:29 PM

Re: pocKK, and villian donks when Ace on flop

I usually take fold or a take a WA/WB line and call down.

Jaran 11-22-2007 01:10 PM

Fold or call down and get a read. Against an unknown, I'm willing to do the latter so that in the future I can make a better decision.

-J

KaatzMeow 11-22-2007 02:07 PM

Grunch:

Preflop: As played

Flop: I raise and if 3 bet, goin in SD mode. See what the Turn brings.

Edit: After reading the responses, this must be a leak I have. My reasoning to raise is for an additional SB see if he afraid of an A but then again, he shows that he is not afraid of an A or has a Big A. I just don't like folding or calling down every street. I will have to rethink my play.

Riku 11-22-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch:

Preflop: As played

Flop: I raise and if 3 bet, goin in SD mode. See what the Turn brings.

Edit: After reading the responses, this must be a leak I have. My reasoning to raise is for an additional SB see if he afraid of an A but then again, he shows that he is not afraid of an A or has a Big A. I just don't like folding or calling down every street. I will have to rethink my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pretty bad, work on it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sushiglutton 11-22-2007 03:22 PM

Call down.

neurotiq 11-22-2007 06:10 PM

I usually just fold. The board is so dry and he's donking into me after raising preflop. The ace is all over his raising range.

favreftw 11-22-2007 07:29 PM

I usually fold the flop here.. if there was a flush draw on flop, I'd lean more towards calling down..

TimovieMan 11-23-2007 04:51 AM

In a situation like this I almost always go into calldown mode. Trying to get to showdown as cheap as possible.

With a read, I'd be more inclined to either fold or raise, depending on the opponent, but against an unknown: call down, make note.

maverickai 11-23-2007 05:25 AM

Oppsss, I have to admit I raised [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. Damn, one of those 'weird' moments going thru in my head.

Villian had AJo.