Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Bottom pair 3way (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535793)

Realyn 10-31-2007 11:41 PM

Bottom pair 3way

Wanted to puke after the showdown ... 55 and qj, but i cant bet that turn right?

first hand of the day and at the table

$5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

River: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

MacGuyV 10-31-2007 11:44 PM

Re: Bottom pair 3way

Fold preflop.
I don't know what to do on the turn after UTG's coldcall, but I doubt giving up is a big mistake. Bet if it were HU obv.

lubenica47 10-31-2007 11:49 PM

fold ur ass, 85 is nuts, especially in michugan i mean in sh.

bet the freakin turn if u decide to bet mother fucnkin flop they are afraid of ur royal flush anyhow.

MacGuyV 10-31-2007 11:52 PM

Do you guys all have like 95 defend BB #'s? Cause I thought mine was insanely high.

Realyn 10-31-2007 11:55 PM

i dont know if u believe it, but until now i played 400 hands and my folded bb to steal is 86 ^^

suited 2 gappers are the absolut low end i call against raiser+1 obv fish for open limping

rzk 11-01-2007 12:39 AM

easy call pf. maybe it's time for another one of oink's 5:1 lectures [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i can't bet this turn. maybe a better man can.

TheDudeChad 11-01-2007 12:47 AM

I call this preflop too cuz I love suited connectors.

Am I the only one who just folds this flop to the continuation bet?

midnightpulp 11-01-2007 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

This hand is RIO at its finest.

I call preflop, cause I do whatever Oink says. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BryanC 11-01-2007 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same same. call preflop because we want to hit a good str8/flush not because we want to get involved 3way with bottom pair no kicker

Oink 11-01-2007 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easy call pf. maybe it's time for another one of oink's 5:1 lectures

[/ QUOTE ]

Ship the love [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I dont fold preflop and I make money on that play. Dont fold getting 5:1 with an idiot in the pot. I wouldnt fold 75o here.

The downside to preflop is when you flop these hands.

If I knew UTG is loose passive - and I will assume that given preflop I wouldnt raise the flop, but just peel one of and see what happens. Dunno if thats a mistake.

I dont think you should fold the flop tho. Because you can see a turn for 1 bet in a 7 bet pot. If UTG calls and CO bets again you can just go ahead and fold the turn. If UTG folds the flop you can see a SD or call turn c/f river UI depending on how CO plays rivers in position.

If UTG is more TAG postflop I think the flop raise is fine. Folding also gets better with a guy like that behind you. Also, if UTG is actually good postflop, then preflop is a helluva lot closer to -EV given the relative positions.