Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Caesars 2-5-10: KK vs. Dr. Amir (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504727)

TrueBritt 09-19-2007 03:58 PM

Caesars 2-5-10: KK vs. Dr. Amir

Caesars Palace 2-5 game with a forced straddle
Villain is Dr. Amir Naseeri, the superdonk from HSP. He's super-loose-aggressive, and he knows I'm a pro.
I have $2600. He has me covered.

Amir limps UTG
Everyone folds to me in SB
I raise to 60 with KK
BB calls
Straddle calls
Amir reraises to 450

With AA, I would reraise to 1000 and shove any flop (or, if the flop was uncoordinated, I might check the flop and shove the turn).

With KK, however, I am concerned that an A might flop, and then what do I do?

Is this a valid concern, or should I play KK the same way I play AA here?

TyFuji 09-19-2007 04:08 PM

Re: Caesars 2-5-10: KK vs. Dr. Amir

i like the 1k/shove line. But is there better? What kinds of hands do you think he could have here? Would he talk himself into calling with 88-QQ if you just shoved (thinking you have AK)? I'm just thinking that you lose some value vs. TT when an over flops, AK when he whiffs, etc.

I think the hand comes down to what his calling range is pre vs. post flop. I don't think you get a lot of value from him postflop unless he outflops you.

Another thing to remember is that there's a very small chance of an ace flopping in the first place, and considering the action it is likely that there are only 2 left in the deck. If you like the 2 stage shove enough with AA, I don't think there's enough of a difference with KK all things considered.

Are you shoving AK, QQ, JJ here?

Sorry for the long response/all the questions. This is a very interesting spot

reup 09-19-2007 04:18 PM

bump it up to 1150 get hu go from there.

TrueBritt 09-19-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like the 1k/shove line. But is there better? What kinds of hands do you think he could have here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he could have almost anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Would he talk himself into calling with 88-QQ if you just shoved (thinking you have AK)? I'm just thinking that you lose some value vs. TT when an over flops, AK when he whiffs, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he might call a shove preflop with QQ or AK.
[ QUOTE ]

I think the hand comes down to what his calling range is pre vs. post flop. I don't think you get a lot of value from him postflop unless he outflops you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if he flops an overpair he'll call my shove.

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing to remember is that there's a very small chance of an ace flopping in the first place, and considering the action it is likely that there are only 2 left in the deck. If you like the 2 stage shove enough with AA, I don't think there's enough of a difference with KK all things considered.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you're right. I just looked it up, and apparently there is only an 11.67% chance of an A flopping without a K. Given that, I guess I should just play it the same way as AA. What do I do, though, when an A does flop? I've already put >40% of my stack in. That's what makes it so hard.
[ QUOTE ]

Are you shoving AK, QQ, JJ here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not for 2600. With 1000, I probably would.

TyFuji 09-19-2007 04:44 PM

Okay, since your assessment is that his range preflop is wide, the 2-stage approach is fine.

My thinking is that if he would call a shove often preflop but not postflop, you shove immediately. if he would fold to a shove often preflop but stack off postflop if he flops tptk, middle overpair, etc then you get more value from him with the 2-stage approach (assuming he's never folding to your 1k repop).

If an ace flops you're going to have to assess based on his action/the other two cards on the board. Say the flop is A27r and you check to him. WIll he shove 88? 87s? air??? I wish I had seen the episode with him in it, since I really have no idea what kinds of moves he would be liable to make. I guess if he's going to limp/repop with lots of hands he will prolly shove often when checked to.

AAismyfriend 09-19-2007 06:05 PM

I like flatting here and seeing what comes out but if you think he'll stick in 500bbs preflop with TT or something than 4betting/calling shove looks good.

HustlerLA 09-19-2007 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like flatting here and seeing what comes out but if you think he'll stick in 500bbs preflop with TT or something than 4betting/calling shove looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might use a flat call and c/r a non Ace flop. Or go with your original repop to 1k and closed eyes shove on flop. I dont see many A's in his range very often unless it is AA and possibly AK but I think you are more likely to find a smaller PP, or SC,

jlocdog 09-19-2007 07:43 PM

I repop it to 1200.
-Pot is big. Go after it.
-He likes to gamble (from your read).
-He will call/shove with tons of dominated crap (TT-QQ,AK).
-You want to get money in as soon as possible since many cards kill your action (ie. he has JJ and a Q-A flops).
-It sets up future spots for you to exploit whether he calls, folds, or shoves with your PF aggression.
-He seemed like a toolbag so if he does have AA putting a badbeat on him would be extra special [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

HustlerLA 09-19-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I repop it to 1200.
-Pot is big. Go after it.
-He likes to gamble (from your read).
-He will call/shove with tons of dominated crap (TT-QQ,AK).
-You want to get money in as soon as possible since many cards kill your action (ie. he has JJ and a Q-A flops).
-It sets up future spots for you to exploit whether he calls, folds, or shoves with your PF aggression.
-He seemed like a toolbag so if he does have AA putting a badbeat on him would be extra special [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was he wearing an Italian sportcoat and Versace shades with some gold linked bracelets? If he was fold. I remember from HSP there was an excerpt where he said you have to dress really cool to play well. At least I think that was him..

slik 09-19-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just looked it up, and apparently there is only an 11.67% chance of an A flopping without a K.

[/ QUOTE ]

This can't be right. Probability that an Ace flops given that you have KK is 1-[(46/50)(45/49)(44/48)]= 0.225. I can't see this number being divided in half by including the times you flop a set.