Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Pocket Queens Play (not Bad Beat or BAHH) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558838)

Fenani 12-01-2007 05:56 PM

Pocket Queens Play (not Bad Beat or BAHH)

I had a hand today that raised questions in my mind and I thought I would see what others think. Its multi parted, so I will try to keep it organized in the parts. These are not the normal "How would you play this hand" questions, so be sure to read the question before you answer.

Setup: You are in a 1-2 no limit game. 10 person full table. You have $100 at the table. The table in general has been fairly aggressive with initial raises, but few reraises. Most pots are being raised to $7 with 1-2 callers.

Pre-Flop: You are dealt QQ (suits are unimportant for this question). You are 1 after UTG. UTG folds. You raise to the table normal, $7, and only the button calls. You have played with him before and you know that he is a good player, but can call pre-flop with anything from AA to 88 and AK to probably around J10o. The 2 of you see the flop.

Flop: A Q 3 (rainbow)
Pot Size: $15 before rake
-------------------------------------------------------
Question 1: Is there any way the betting could go after this flop that would make you fold?

Question 2: Is there ANY card that could come on the turn that would make you fold on the turn to an all in bet.
-------------------------------------------------------

Turn: 9 of the 4th suit
Board: A Q 9 3 (4 suited)
Potsize: Assume for the moment you made a pot sized bet on the flop and were called. So $45 in the pot now.
-----------------------------------------------------
Question 3: Is there any way the betting could go after this turn that would make you fold?

Question 4: Is there ANY card that could come on the river that would make you fold on the river to an all in bet.
__________________________________________________ __
River: 10
Board: A Q 10 9 3
Potsized: At this point, your betting styles would dictate the size of the pot, but for the sake of this question, assume a bet of some sort that didnt end in your all in on the turn and figure your pot size accordingly.
--------------------------------------------------
Question 5: Is there any way the betting could go after this river that would make you fold?

Thanks for your time. I am a long time lurker, but decided to make the step to posting to find others with whom to discuss interesting scenarios.

Fenani

thac 12-01-2007 05:58 PM

Re: Pocket Queens Play (not Bad Beat or BAHH)

You have 50bb... this should probably be in on the flop or turn. I'm never folding.

riske 12-01-2007 06:21 PM

Even for 100bb I'm never folding.

therealpk 12-01-2007 06:23 PM

Absolutely no way I fold this hand ever given stack sizes.

Paul Thomson 12-01-2007 06:25 PM

even for 150bb i'n never folding

riske 12-01-2007 06:27 PM

wanna draw a line somewhere? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Paul Thomson 12-01-2007 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even for 150bb i'n never folding

[/ QUOTE ]

ike toys...

Even for 999bb, i'm never folding.

sh58 12-01-2007 06:28 PM

even for 200BB i'm never folding

edit: d'oh

bilbo-san 12-01-2007 06:36 PM

Dude, what's with the river question? Why am I not already all in by the time a river card comes out and just ignoring these cases?