Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Losing with AKo... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557954)

Eraserhead 11-30-2007 12:29 PM

Losing with AKo...

Ok, first of all, itīs only a ~6k sample size but I'm worried. I've been dealt 59 Ako times and lost 59$ with them so that's -0,5BB/hand. I've been looking through them but I'm not entirely sure of what to foucus on. I've found a few cases of when I should have folded on river or maybe even turn but that doesn't make up for everything. Bla, bla sample size and all, but I HAVE to be doing something wrong. At the same time AQo is running at +0.7BB/hand.

I'll be posting some hands later on but wanted to get some general tips of where to begin.

Oink 11-30-2007 12:31 PM

Re: Losing with AKo...

Dont worry

Of course you should try and analyze your hands. But after such a small sample you cant jump to any conclusions about loosing or not winning enough.

Beastmaster 11-30-2007 12:38 PM

I've had KK be a loser over 7k hands..it happens
It looks like you're fairly new , but you may have lurked awhile. I hope you have read about bonus/rb/ etc...that is where most of your BR will come from at the small stakes. Also, it looks like you may have checked out your stats , but realize a 22-28/15-20 style still works at the lower limits and leave the lag/tag style for when your comfortable with your game and have moved up to higher stakes......You may already know all this but wanted to add something besides...yeah I have ran bad with quality hands before...

Eraserhead 11-30-2007 12:50 PM

BB just rebought up to 5 BBs, have him at 68/10/0.9, large peeling range.
UTG just sat down 5 hands ago, 3-bet A7o from BB against 3 players.

Your cards K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [Hero]
UTG raises $2, Hero raises $3, BTN folds, SB folds, BB calls $2, UTG raises $2, Hero calls $1, BB calls $1

Dealing Flop 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6.25 BBs
BB checks, UTG bets $1, Hero calls $1, BB calls $1

Dealing Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7.75 BBs
BB checks, UTG bets $2, Hero calls $2, BB calls $2

Dealing River 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10.75 BBs
BB checks, UTG bets $2, Hero folds,

Eraserhead 11-30-2007 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had KK be a loser over 7k hands..it happens
It looks like you're fairly new , but you may have lurked awhile. I hope you have read about bonus/rb/ etc...that is where most of your BR will come from at the small stakes. Also, it looks like you may have checked out your stats , but realize a 22-28/15-20 style still works at the lower limits and leave the lag/tag style for when your comfortable with your game and have moved up to higher stakes......You may already know all this but wanted to add something besides...yeah I have ran bad with quality hands before...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the added info.
It seems I'm a bit to LAGgy, I have 32/22 over above mentioned 6K hands (avarage nr of players 5.24). I'm not sure about where to cut down though, maybe the marginal 3-betting from the blinds OOP. I have to better bonuswhoring/playing with rakeback, good thing you reminded m. Is it then smart to wait playing at Stars until I reach say 5/T?

Oink 11-30-2007 12:57 PM

Turn is a fold for me

maxter 11-30-2007 01:26 PM

Yep, it's pretty normal.

Think this way: Take a couple of big pots lost with AK and turn them into winners. You could raise your results to about -$9, almost breakeven. And that's just two pots. Also, look for the times you flopped a pair or better. Maybe is lower than 32%.

If you feel a bit lost playing AK in some spots, review, analize and look for help (post here for example). I think the most common leak with AK is that is over-estimated postflop when we don't have a pair or good draw (in small stakes). Maybe you could find more turn/river folds, but it's hand dependant.

Eraserhead 11-30-2007 01:52 PM

I just filtered for the times I flopped pair (16 out of 59 ~ 27%) and saw that I was a loser there as well. I will continue looking for leaks of course but this must be a sign of running bad, right?

FlopYouDead 11-30-2007 02:01 PM

If your games are unusually loose and pots are typically very multiway ako is going to shrink up. Don't take it too far.

thrasher789 11-30-2007 07:00 PM

don't worry about it, KK was a loser for me for awhile, it's just sample size

Oink 11-30-2007 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your games are unusually loose and pots are typically very multiway ako is going to shrink up. Don't take it too far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errrhm. No