Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Ricky Williams Reinstated (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545954)

Needle77 11-14-2007 11:56 AM

Ricky Williams Reinstated

ESPN Link

Well, now do the Dolphins keep him or trade him in the offseason?

Kneel B4 Zod 11-14-2007 11:57 AM

Re: Ricky Williams Reinstated

I can't imagine he has any trade value. what could they get, a 6th round pick?

Suigin406 11-14-2007 11:58 AM

he hasn't been playing for a while, i can't see them getting much value for him...

maybe play him a little, prove he can still be effective, and then try to dump him for something??

The Owl 11-14-2007 11:58 AM

Wow, where did the last 18 months go? I think I need to switch medication.

The B 11-14-2007 12:02 PM

does reinstated mean allowed back in the country if you pass a drug test?

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 12:31 PM

all year long cameron has stated that ricky wont play for him

but now that they are 0-9 they would be retarted not to play him to at least increase his trade value

g-bebe 11-14-2007 12:42 PM

so, pending any physical assessments or whatever else, when's the soonest he could see time on the field?

RandomUser 11-14-2007 12:43 PM

What's the over/under until he fails his next drug test.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-14-2007 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so, pending any physical assessments or whatever else, when's the soonest he could see time on the field?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Williams is...currently residing in Grass Valley, California, teaching and studying yoga"

seems like he could be ready soon!

g-bebe 11-14-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Williams is...currently residing in Grass Valley, California, teaching and studying yoga"

seems like he could be ready soon!

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'd

Needle77 11-14-2007 03:21 PM

He's not eligible until week 12. Thats a Monday Night game vs Pitt, lol.

j555 11-14-2007 05:16 PM

Don't trade him. Ricky Williams could be the shot in the arm that the Dolphins need.

prohornblower 11-14-2007 05:32 PM

Grass Valley...sounds like an appropriate place for him to take residency.

O/U on his next drug bust is about 2 months.

Austiger 11-14-2007 05:33 PM

A guy in my Fantasy League picked him up Week 2 and now he's crowing about it.

ArcticKnight 11-14-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't trade him. Ricky Williams could be the shot in the arm that the Dolphins need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a semi-subliminal NFL violence message, or drug message (or both)...lol

splashpot 11-14-2007 10:36 PM

So when will yahoo let me pick him up? I figure he's worth a long shot in a deep league.

metsandfinsfan 11-14-2007 11:15 PM

yeah me too
i checked today too

Jeff W 11-14-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't trade him. Ricky Williams could be the shot in the head that the Dolphins need.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

doubLe a tom 11-14-2007 11:55 PM

I dont get why marijuana is tested for pro sports leagues. Its not like it enhances the players ability or anything. I can see if an individual organization wanted to test for it to keep their athletes in line, but I dont really know why the league would care. Also, I think its pretty retarded that players receive the same suspension in the NFL for testing pos for marijuana that they do for testing pos for steroids.

g-bebe 11-14-2007 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont get why marijuana is tested for pro sports leagues. Its not like it enhances the players ability or anything. I can see if an individual organization wanted to test for it to keep their athletes in line, but I dont really know why the league would care. Also, I think its pretty retarded that players receive the same suspension in the NFL for testing pos for marijuana that they do for testing pos for steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree

rwperu34 11-15-2007 12:05 AM

Go Ricky go!!!

Nick B. 11-15-2007 12:19 AM

Run Ricky Run!

TheNoodleMan 11-15-2007 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Run Ricky Run!

[/ QUOTE ]
Not much of a web designer.

TheNoodleMan 11-15-2007 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
''Yeah I would. We're 0-9, I'd welcome bin Laden if he could run the ball like Ricky did.''

[/ QUOTE ]
Joey Porter, asked if he would welcome Ricky back.

Nick B. 11-27-2007 05:01 PM

[censored], he is out for the year now.

onlinebeginner 11-27-2007 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agree

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with same suspension... but i players don't smoke weed, then they're less likely to be in the news for getting in trouble for smoking weed

Matt Williams 11-27-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agree

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with same suspension... but i players don't smoke weed, then they're less likely to be in the news for getting in trouble for smoking weed

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, pot is illegal. Athletes are in the public eye. The NFL can't have their star attractions doing illegal stuff.

mbillie1 11-27-2007 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, pot is illegal. Athletes are in the public eye. The NFL can't have their star attractions doing illegal stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://obits.eons.com/obits/tributes...43-1-photo.jpg

thanks for that reminder

bottomset 11-27-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, pot is illegal

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah its the worst law on the books

critikal 11-27-2007 07:16 PM

I doubt that Ricky will fail another drug test unless for some reason he still doesn't care about playing in the NFL. He said after his first failed drug test that he'd been smoking all along and had decided to stop taking the masking agent because he no longer wanted to play in the NFL. I'm sure Ricky will start using the masking agent or whatever again if he plans on staying in the league.

Vyse 11-27-2007 07:20 PM

tell ricky to gimme some of that masking agent

rafiki 11-27-2007 07:21 PM

man he's done for the year, what bad luck.

NLSoldier 11-27-2007 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what happened more pot or an injury or what?

Tyler Durden 11-27-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Steelers rookie LB Lawrence Timmons stepped on Williams's shoulder blade last night and that caused Williams to tear a chest muscle. He's been placed on IR.

Case Closed 11-27-2007 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys, pot is illegal

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah its the worst law on the books

[/ QUOTE ]
Outlawing hemp is far more absurd than pot.

vhawk01 11-27-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Steelers rookie LB Lawrence Timmons stepped on Williams's shoulder blade last night and that caused Williams to tear a chest muscle. He's been placed on IR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably reading too much into this but MAN did that seem like an intentional stomp when I saw it, and even more so on replay. The guy was up in the air, and instead of coming down on the ground he stuck his foot WAY laterally and came down hard on Ricky's shoulder. It seriously looked like he was intentionally stomping him.

I_AM_EVIL 11-27-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably reading too much into this but MAN did that seem like an intentional stomp when I saw it, and even more so on replay. The guy was up in the air, and instead of coming down on the ground he stuck his foot WAY laterally and came down hard on Ricky's shoulder. It seriously looked like he was intentionally stomping him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing when it happened. It looked like he went out of his way to make sure he stomped on Williams.

Killua 11-27-2007 07:58 PM

The worst about all of this is how the media treats Ricky Williams, like he's some kind of rapist. The guy obviously quit on his teammates, but give me a break about the marijuana. They still suck on Merryman's popo even after he took freaking roids, what a joke.

Nairb 11-27-2007 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing when it happened. It looked like he went out of his way to make sure he stomped on Williams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ricky owed him for an OZ last season so he kicked his AZZ!!

Tyler Durden 11-27-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Timmons had some thuggish behavior in his past that caused his stock to fall on draft day. So I would not be surprised.