Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   set-flopping-fanciness, 2+2 table (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=158165)

cold_cash 07-10-2006 12:21 PM

set-flopping-fanciness, 2+2 table

UTG was going completely nuts.

Button had been pretty aggro as well. I hadn't seen him coldcall before.

I was planning to checkraise the river, but then I figured 1 or 2 bets was better than 0 or 3 after the worst card in the deck came off.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...

MrWookie 07-10-2006 12:24 PM

Re: set-flopping-fanciness, 2+2 table

What a horrible river. If you're ahead, your action is pretty well dead.

Given your turn play, I like the river, but I like a 3bet on the turn instead.

Romulus141 07-10-2006 12:32 PM

Why not check-raise the flop? Enormous equity, UTG is acting like a maniac, and both the button and UTG will probably come to the turn with you. Button has cold-called, but maybe he just has a set of sixes or a middle pocket pair, or something like KJs of diamonds and is raising for a free card (if he's a good player or something), or he just has ATo or KTo and is being aggro with top pair. I think you're ahead on the flop by a huge margin, so I'd get the money in now.

After that, as you did, I'd donk out the turn. I'd 3-bet the button if he raises me, because I'm not convinced that he has a set of tens.

I'm still betting this river. I'll call a raise, because then I can't discount the possibility of a flush, although our villian may have just had a lower set of his own or was getting over-aggro with top pair. I can't find a fold if I'm raised on the river, it's too likely the villian can have a lot of hands we beat.

Ampelmann 07-10-2006 12:36 PM

Why don't you 3-bet the flop? Given that you didn't, why don't you 3-bet the turn?

cold_cash 07-10-2006 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you 3-bet the flop? Given that you didn't, why don't you 3-bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt 3-bet the flop because I knew UTG would call possibly drawing dead. I also wanted to stop and go the turn with him in the middle, and maybe get a chance to 3-bet there.

3-betting the turn is probably the best play with the board looking like it does, but at the time I was planning the sweet river check raise until it blew up in my face.

Str8Fish 07-10-2006 12:51 PM

I think you should have 3-bet the flop and 3-bet the turn. Who's gonna believe you have a good hand at a 2+2 table anyway?

MrWookie 07-10-2006 01:09 PM

Yeah, upon further review, I'd go nuts on the flop. They'll put you on 6x, if that.