Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   OMG anyone else ever pull something like this live? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=454630)

neil705 07-18-2007 09:32 PM

OMG anyone else ever pull something like this live?

ok here i am tired out of my mind at 8.am i sit down at 1/2nl 100$max . after about an hour i look down at AA (ya boyyyyy) i'm UTG so i crank it up $10 get 1 caller flop comes qq5 2 clubs i check to him he checks behind next card comes down A of clubs (cant belive it a BOAT ) i hollywood a bit and bet $10 hopeing he hit the flush or was slowplaying a queen .then he raises it up to 25$ (i got him) i reraise 30 more to $55 he thinks a bit saying u got the flush but calls anyways river comes down a blank so needless to say i fire out my last 35$ he sadly calls and says show me the flush i say got a lot more than that and flip over A4 OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! missread my hand what a joke!!! he flips ak and takes the pot grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anybody ever pull somethin like this before??????????

AngusThermopyle 07-18-2007 09:37 PM

Re: OMG anyone else ever pull something like this live?

Hole cards: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet my flush draw and get several callers.

Turn:
8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Miss my flush, but pick up gutshot. Bet and couple of callers.

River:
9 : [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I'll take that. Bet. Two callers.

"Well I missed my flush, but I made a straight" as I turn over Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Quadstriker 07-18-2007 09:37 PM

Friend of mine turned over Q4 at showdown before thinking he had AQ.

It's not unheard of.

zerocarb 07-18-2007 09:39 PM

One-legged aces FTW.

Photoc 07-18-2007 09:45 PM

Late position with 7 5 clubs. 6 way action in a 4/8 game. Flop the nut straight (4 6 8 rainbow). Turn and river are paint with no flush draws. Goes 4 bets on the turn 4 on the river with four players in on the river. I say "nuts" and flip up my hand....WTF 7 3 clubs!!!! OOOOPS [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Best part, pocket 9's wins the pot. WTF 4 bets on the turn and river and 9's is the best hand, roflmao. Gotta love gamblers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

lmcjaho 07-18-2007 09:45 PM

We refer to that as "Drunken Aces" around here...

Fishhead24 07-18-2007 09:57 PM

Re: OMG anyone else ever pull someth-ing like this live?

The way I'm been running today....you would have flopped A-4-4 and I would have had K-4

snuffau 07-18-2007 10:13 PM

Re: OMG anyone else ever pull someth-ing like this live?

I had K8 and read it as K6... Flop was something like 36J and got checked to showdown... He had Q7.
I'm like YAY 6's.
Flip my cards oh wait... damn.
K high is good woot anyways.

KurtSF 07-18-2007 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Late position with 7 5 clubs. 6 way action in a 4/8 game. Flop the nut straight (4 6 8 rainbow). Turn and river are paint with no flush draws. Goes 4 bets on the turn 4 on the river with four players in on the river. I say "nuts" and flip up my hand....WTF 7 3 clubs!!!! OOOOPS [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Best part, pocket 9's wins the pot. WTF 4 bets on the turn and river and 9's is the best hand, roflmao. Gotta love gamblers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is flippin' hilarious.

And yes, I've done A4 = AA before.

oddjob 07-18-2007 10:55 PM

i once did the opposite. tail end of a realllllly loooooong session. i bluff the river, and get called. say, i was bluffing, but throw over my cards, only to show the nut flush.

everyone looks at my cards, then look at me like i'm an idiot, mostly cause i am. i rack up and leave, realizing i'm too tired to even see my own cards.