Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Help with flopped TTP and ass-end gutshot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555694)

roggles 11-27-2007 06:00 PM

Re: Help with flopped TTP and ass-end gutshot

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I am a winning player

<sigh> You should know precisely how much you are ahead/behind in every game you play. If you don't, that's a huge leak.

How can you get better if you don't know where you stand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for this condescending advice from someone who doesn't even post in this forum. I clearly pointed out I don't have many hands put in

sondring 11-27-2007 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

<sigh> You should know precisely how much you are ahead/behind in every game you play. If you don't, that's a huge leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with that statement.

What I think OP meant though, was that his simple size isn't large enough to determine if he is a winning player.

Kurn, son of Mogh 11-28-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I am a winning player

How can you get better if you don't know where you stand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for this condescending advice from someone who doesn't even post in this forum. I clearly pointed out I don't have many hands put in

[/ QUOTE ]

I made an incorrect assumption from what you said. My intention was not how it came off. Apologies.

praios 11-28-2007 10:51 PM

many idiots play in plo games this days i at least call the flop

crashwhips 11-28-2007 11:33 PM

I'm never folding here. I'm almost always raising, but just calling to shove a turn Jack or 7 or lower is fine too.

Also, you are way, way off the mark as far as people only playing the nuts at these levels, at least if the .5/1 games on FTP are at all similar to the stars games at that level. From all your posts, it seems like you are playing very scared poker. Get in there and gamble and play marginal spots more aggressively in general, and I bet your profitability will increase dramatically.

grizy 11-29-2007 08:39 AM

at .5/1 (I 9 and even 12 table those limits when I am not playing higher stakes), you get the nits and idiots with 1 or 2 occasional sharks.

I raise here against an unknown but there are a lot of players at those levels against which this hand is a fold. I am going with Gordo here that flat calling is bad. There is a LOT of value raising with two pairs at these limits.