Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Jacked on the river by a passive donkey (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=453603)

BrassMonkey 07-17-2007 06:04 PM

Jacked on the river by a passive donkey

Villian is 41/9/.81 after 72 hands. Is this a pretty standard fold here? I wanted to call badly, but I expected to feel the fool. Where's the Sethy power when I need it?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

yourface 07-17-2007 06:13 PM

Re: Jacked on the river by a passive donkey

he looks dumb and the pot is big, I'd pay him off here and expect to see a busted draw or 8x often enough

unless he is pulling some stupid slowplay the only hand he can legitimately have here is 88, and there aren't many combos of that

Burnsabre 07-17-2007 06:15 PM

I don't think 72 hands is enough of a read to be bet/folding a huge pot against a wierd line. He didn't cap preflop so AA, KK, QQ are unlikely. And you don't even know if he raises 88 preflop. AQ doesnt really make sense because of the flop raise... I'd call down out of sheer confusion.

Oink 07-17-2007 06:16 PM

I have started to fold in these spots and it makes me feel a helluva lot better. When a 40/5 donkey pulled this one on me it was always 4x or 88.

kaby 07-17-2007 06:19 PM

41/9/1 isn't passive enough for me to fold here

although that might be a leak ;p

given the action 88 is like the only hand that makes sense and he'd have to show that

yourface 07-17-2007 06:30 PM

fish have been bluffraising me on the river so much lately, it's weird [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I will usually (when not tilting) make the fold when it's totally obvious that I'm beat, but when I get popped by some 45/8/1.2 moran it's frequently been a bluff (or some weak made hand that he has turned into a bluff)

BrassMonkey 07-17-2007 06:43 PM

The thing I ask myself in this spot is, "does this guy REALLY expect me to fold here?" If the answer is "no way", then I can usually find a fold, especially when the raise comes from a passive mofo. I dunno, though - this hand gave me the creeps.

yourface 07-17-2007 07:01 PM

I find really bad players have no idea of appropriate aggression. it feels like they decide "ok I'm going to bluff now!" and just go for it even if it really shouldn't work

I agree that vs a thinking player it is pretty easy to find a fold with moderate strength hands when they shouldn't expect you to make one

jstill 07-17-2007 07:41 PM

it seems like 88 every time here but he sucks so its probably missed clubs 1/10th as often as 88 since thats only 3 combos. I dont think people play 4x this way too often tbh tho. Qx with a club is possible too i duno the call mite be -EV but I make it? leak maybe but this action is weird plus ur hand looks alot like a PP and those fold sometimes 77-JJ so clubs mite pop once in awhile.

sharpie 07-17-2007 11:00 PM

I think he has 88 too often, but I still make the call.