Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   common SB vs. BB Spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=450141)

07-13-2007 10:36 AM

common SB vs. BB Spot

Villain was new when this hand occured so i have no reads.

He opens i t SB and i call with JdTh

Flop: 5d 6d 7h bets, i call.

Turn: 9h bets, I raise, he 3bets i call.

River: Ad he bets, i fold

I know i often semi-bluff the wrong spots and i havent yet a good handle with this situation. Pls help me out!

secretprankster 07-13-2007 10:44 AM

Re: common SB vs. BB Spot

Looks fine, don't do it everytime but people betfold there quite a bit.

thepizzlefosho 07-13-2007 10:50 AM

I make this play a lot too, but sometimes I feel like I would save bets if I made it on the flop.

raise flop, if I'm three bet call and reevaluate on turn. If SB calls my flop raise, then I can either fire again on the turn, or take the free card when I pick up some outs. If nothing else it keeps me from putting in 3-bets on the turn with J-high.

not criticizing OPs play, because I definitely make this play sometimes as well, just wondering if it is better to run these plays on the flop instead of the turn.

Oink 07-13-2007 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree but it depends on villain and thus how your games play.

If villain is thinking his range is pretty strong when he bets the turn: You called his c-bet on a very drawy and coordinated flop and the turn brought a card that fills up a lot of draws. A decent player will recognize this and c/c marginal but SD'able holdings, bet/call or bet/raise good holdings and finally c/f a LOT.

If villain is a TAG fish I dont mind the raise. Otherwise I think its bad as you wont get a lot of folds and you will get owned by strong 3-betting hands.

zalazane 07-13-2007 10:55 AM

My feeling is that this is a spewy move without any reads. I try to play very straightforward against unknowns

secretprankster 07-13-2007 11:09 AM

Yeah good points Oink.

thepizzlefosho 07-13-2007 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree but it depends on villain and thus how your games play.

If villain is thinking his range is pretty strong when he bets the turn: You called his c-bet on a very drawy and coordinated flop and the turn brought a card that fills up a lot of draws. A decent player will recognize this and c/c marginal but SD'able holdings, bet/call or bet/raise good holdings and finally c/f a LOT.

If villain is a TAG fish I dont mind the raise. Otherwise I think its bad as you wont get a lot of folds and you will get owned by strong 3-betting hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is pretty true. Also it makes me think I'm a TAG fish for the times when I stupidly second barrel into these boards with Ace-sh!t when I should be c/c or c/f-ing.

07-13-2007 12:20 PM

nice post oink, thx