Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   3 AKo hands - take me to valuetown not spewsville (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=228235)

munkey 10-04-2006 08:39 AM

3 AKo hands - take me to valuetown not spewsville

I'm having some problems with the Ako and AQo hands at the moment -struggling to get value but not spew chips.
Comments on all streets - but mainly the river action would be most helpful.

Note: PT not on this computer so sketchy descriptions of villans play I noted will have to suffice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Button seems O.K. nothing out of line yet - PFR took a pot down turn betting correctly -limps alot though(~30hands)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $62.05
UTG+1: $24.50
CO: $76.10
Button: $58.60
SB: $72.69
Hero: $63.40

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($14, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8</font>, Button calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($30, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $20</font>, Hero ?

<font color="blue"> Given the first two streets action I put him on a draw -str8 or more ikely I thought flush, but could also be 2pair so tried to block the river. Call the river minraise - I guess he's got a queen? Mistake to bet the river?</font>

This was yesterday -the table was very loose and shoving alot preflop and on the flop - people were trying to double up quickly. Hero relatively new to table villans have seen me call a shortie shove with AQs 20bbs (he did it 3 hands in a row) and a standard stack that got 4 to flush rivered by someone else that left I took his lst of chips with a set.

I didn't have any notes on villan at this time.

Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $75.50
UTG+1: $29.65
CO: $59.05
Button: $19.70
SB: $21.30
BB: $51.40

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($7.75, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $27.9</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls or folds?

<font color="blue"> Why would he do this? Does he want me to fold?
Has he got a monster or vulnerable hand he doesn't want to play future streets with -heart flush draw?</font>

Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $17.75
Hero: $46.70
CO: $43.65
Button: $38.40
SB: $13.80
BB: $19.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($10.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, CO calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($22.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

Results:
Final pot: $22.25

<font color="blue"> I put him on a Kx or pair on this dry board - I think most sets would raised the turn. At the time I checked the river thinking an acerag player may bet -FPS should I have just bet?</font>

Looking over the hands I noticed the difference between Party more full stacks vs FT more shortstacks - does my FT table selection sux? Thanks.

Sir Winalot 10-04-2006 08:47 AM

Re: 3 AKo hands - take me to valuetown not spewsville

Hand 1: I pot the flop and c/c turn and go on from there. As played I think I could find a fold against an O.K player.

Hand 2: Looks good. With your read I call the shove.

Hand 3: I pot, 3/4-pot, 1/2-pot this. Bad river FPS, you have to lead this.

OT - where's your fancy avatar munkey? Get it back immediately. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

ColdSteel 10-04-2006 08:48 AM

Overall: your tendancy to bet less is a leak.

Hand 1: Bet more preflop and on the flop. Preflop wasn't good, but the flop was bad because the board is coordinated. I play it the same except for bet sizes. Betting the river was not a mistake, and I call the minraise. Dont be results-oriented.

Hand2 : Again, bet more on the flop. He would push here with a flush draw or a set. The king is out and you have the ace. QJ is possible. I think call/fold is close.

Hand 3: Bet more all around, bet the river for value.

evilempire 10-04-2006 08:49 AM

hand #1 - pot the flop. Then bet about 15 on the turn. That would make the pot $48 instead of $30 for a much better ticket to valuetown. I would probably check call a bet from villian on that river.

Same with hand #3, your bets are awfully weak.
flop: bet $4
pot ($12.25)
turn: bet $10
pot($32.25)
river: I'd bet half the pot or so, just bet whatever you think he will call

munkey 10-04-2006 08:49 AM

tks Sir Winalot for the advice
It's down I guess it had too many bananas [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
I tried to rehost it -but it doesn't work - i'll try again.

Shaddux 10-04-2006 07:38 PM

Hand 1: I b/f river.
Hand 2: I call.
Hand 3: Value bet river.

munkey 10-05-2006 12:29 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Results:( for those interested)

1.I think he flashed a qj. I folded to the river minraise.
2. I went with my read and called he had ATo and MHIG
3. Villan had KJo.

My flop bet in hand 2 sux - didn't realise how small - might been an auto cbet but still. (I've lost ~20$ due to misclicks from overlapped tables today [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])

hand 3. I should definetly bet more and that river- bad munkey no more bananas for thou tonight for not value betting that river. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

gimmetheloot 10-05-2006 02:14 PM

check that river in hand 1. Jesus.

hand 2: i call

hand 3: Were you trying to c/r pozz the sonovabitch? What A hand is sticking around to the river? Nothing but AK. I dont think he fires this as a scare card bluff very often...Definitely lead.