Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Should this trade be allowed or vetoed as collusion? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528984)

TomCowley 10-22-2007 10:26 PM

Should this trade be allowed or vetoed as collusion?

Standard yahoo scoring. The league is for money and A and B are friends. Player A is 4-2, player B is 1-5.

Player A trades Eli Manning (3rd string QB), Willie Parker (RB2), and Donald Driver (WR2) to player B for LaDainian Tomlinson and Braylon Edwards.

B's team is:

WR: Braylon Edwards, Brandon Marshall, Colston, Boldin
RB: LT, Reggie Bush, Marion Barber (and Michael Bennett, Travis Henry)
QB: none (Schaub just got hurt).

Relevant free agents:

QB: Garcia, Cutler, Huard, Rivers, Campbell, Culpepper

WR: Roddy White, Bobby Engram, Ronald Curry, and a million in the 40s.

Given the free agents available, is this trade kosher or not?

chim17 10-22-2007 10:28 PM

Re: Should this trade be allowed or vetoed as collusion?

That isn't even close to anything that would resemble collusion.

WFDeac 10-22-2007 10:29 PM

It's fine

hiho 10-22-2007 10:35 PM

Allow the trade and stop being a nit

Assani Fisher 10-22-2007 10:46 PM

I never understand these questions. The only way a trade should be disallowed is if you think it was collusive. I could trade Tomlinson for Laddell Betts...as long as I truly believe in my heart that I'm making the right move, the league should have to allow it.

and since you know the owners and we don't, shouldn't you be able to judge this better?

I think you have two options:

-Allow the trade

OR

-Disallow the trade, kick both owners out of the league and don't return their money, stop being friends with those cheaters

There is no middle ground. You can't disallow a trade just because its slightly lopsided in YOUR VIEW.

Victor 10-22-2007 10:46 PM

i think its very suspicious.

TomCowley 10-22-2007 10:47 PM

Fine, explain how a lineup of Eli/Driver/Parker is higher EV than a lineup of Garcia/Edwards/LT.

Assani Fisher 10-22-2007 10:48 PM

Also just to add:

If I were the commish, I would implant the following rules:

If a good number of owners complain about a trade, then both owners must publicly post a message detailing why they think the trade was good for their own team. After that the owners vote to either allow the trade or kick them both out of the league immediately.

chim17 10-22-2007 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fine, explain how a lineup of Eli/Driver/Parker is higher EV than a lineup of Garcia/Edwards/LT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't for you to decide. It looks like a team doing bad is trying to get a little more depth across the board.

It doesn't have to be fair.. trades don't need to be fair. They just need to not be cheating.

TomCowley 10-22-2007 10:50 PM

B's defense is that he likes the players he's getting (like he "likes" Colston and keeps playing him even though he sucks this year). Even if that's true, from the policies and documentation I've read, if the trade is clearly against a team's best interests (in the standings), it's not acceptable.

In other words, HE DOESN'T HAVE TO THINK HE'S CHEATING FOR THE TRADE TO BE UNACCEPTABLE.