Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   1 Rebuy, 1 add on question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534105)

Hemsta83 10-29-2007 07:23 PM

1 Rebuy, 1 add on question

Playing in these 1xrebuy 1xadd-on tourneys, do you prefer to rebuy straight away or just play your original stack and save the rebuy in case you get a bad beat or donk off your chips?

BadgerPro 10-29-2007 07:26 PM

Re: 1 Rebuy, 1 add on question

rebuy immediately and always add-on

BananaDan 10-29-2007 07:28 PM

Interested in some replies here myself. I always take the rebuy right away, might make an exception if noone else at my table is doing it. Only want the double stack to maximize value if I bust someone, and if all they got is the original buy in then well..

EDIT: And like Badger wrote - always add on. I just donīt understand these people who refuse to add on and of course all the ones who bust during 1st hour and just quit. Not even a single rebuy?! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Sherman 10-29-2007 07:30 PM

It's really easy.

Always rebuy immediately. Play like a freezeout.

Always Add-on if you make it to the addon.

Hemsta83 10-29-2007 07:31 PM

I normally rebuy for NLHE tourneys but Omaha I never rebuy straight away because of the loose play and its pretty easy to double up or bust.

BadgerPro 10-29-2007 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interested in some replies here myself. I always take the rebuy right away, might make an exception if noone else at my table is doing it. Only want the double stack to maximize value if I bust someone, and if all they got is the original buy in then well..

EDIT: And like Badger wrote - always add on. I just donīt understand these people who refuse to add on and of course all the ones who bust during 1st hour and just quit. Not even a single rebuy?! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is flawed since you can't rebuy later on if you have more than your starting stack. So if you bust someone instead of having 4500 chips you have 3k.

ZBTHorton 10-29-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I normally rebuy for NLHE tourneys but Omaha I never rebuy straight away because of the loose play and its pretty easy to double up or bust.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason you gave is the exact reason you should be rebuying.

PartysOver 10-30-2007 01:26 AM

I thought about the case today (what if no one else rebuys?)

What about when the 65/15 guy at the table stacks someone and has 3000 chips and you got a walk early and have 1515 chips or something?

Best to rebuy right away no matter what imo

auc hincloss 10-30-2007 05:53 AM

ok, so if you rebuy straight away and few otehrs at your table do, you bust 2 of them and and take chips off a few people going to the break and are massive CL, do you still add on to increase your lead?

ZBTHorton 10-30-2007 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, so if you rebuy straight away and few otehrs at your table do, you bust 2 of them and and take chips off a few people going to the break and are massive CL, do you still add on to increase your lead?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes