Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

ShipitFMA 11-29-2007 11:50 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I am at uni in england right now, cashed out 1.5k this month, but I want good money in the bank over moving up stakes really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, this is the EXACT reason why i don't cash out. In months time when I'm playing higher the money i could be putting in the bank will be so much greater

[ QUOTE ]

cashing out is good. But make sure u buy something stupid with it, like a wii or a ps3 or something. set the goal and get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, i need to buy something stupid just to have something to say "thats from poker". Something to act as a reminder / incentive

Mr_Pathetic 11-29-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For you micro stakes players out there, do you ever cash out your winnings? I'm currently playing NL10 right now and I don't find myself never cashing out my winnings till I at least reach 1k (at 300 currently and slowly climbing). Reason being since I want to get to AT LEAST 50NL and have the proper bankroll to play there.

Also another question for you micro stakes players: Do you ever find yourself "not in the mood to play"? I'm a college student right now who also works and sometimes I'm just in no mood to have a grinding session, but I basically force myself to do it. Anyone else ever feel like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I make some cash outs here and their and I also have to force myself to play every now and then. my biggest problem is I will not play if I even remotely get the notion that I may not play well. since I've graduated and moved back in with my parents only have bills of about $150 per month and poker has pretty much covered for a while now. however it was quite difficult when I was only playing NL5.

n4rf 11-30-2007 12:00 AM

Yeah I don't need the money, but what you say is true, the rewards will surely be greater as I move up.

I hope to get to a point where I can happily say, "I'm making good money on poker" (probably at 50 or 100NL)

And what you say is true Shipit, once I start playing it's much better, but starting can be the tough part... (like starting right now)

vixticator 11-30-2007 12:10 AM

I cashed out 1k once due to the UIEGA or w/e law but I don't plan on making any more changes until either 100nl or 200nl. Unless I really need the $ for some reason.

derosnec 11-30-2007 12:11 AM

i'm the biggest procrastinator on earth. i've been staring at this apartment, which must be cleaned tonight, for the last 4 hours and haven't done a damn thing.

hennnerz 11-30-2007 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I am at uni in england right now, cashed out 1.5k this month, but I want good money in the bank over moving up stakes really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, this is the EXACT reason why i don't cash out. In months time when I'm playing higher the money i could be putting in the bank will be so much greater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird. I want like 2 or 3 times my bankroll in my bank before moving up. Plus I want to have 25 buyins online, so 50-75 buyins in the bank, before moving to NL100 again. I want to get a little bit of coaching too, so need to save some money aside for that.

I want to go pro sometime and that needs an excess of money aside, there is no way I want more money in my poker bankroll than in my bank, partly because I don't totally trust myself (tilt etc) secondly because you never know what life may throw at you...

ICMoney 11-30-2007 12:20 AM

I cashed and and am on a 15bi roll.

Hope I don't downswing b/c I'm not moving down.

kolotoure 11-30-2007 01:03 AM

fwiw i can't see anyone playing 1 million hands in a month. I think I could do 600K at the most

matrix 11-30-2007 01:05 AM

Pretty much all - of Nov - play meowchow TAG and get pwned...

last Sun made a few big tweaks to game and since then...

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6001/screenfo3.jpg

now I can't tell if what I've changed has helped a lot or if I am just running super hot [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

derosnec 11-30-2007 01:06 AM

i tried 24 tabling three times. once at 25nl just to see what it was like and once at .5/1nl FR and once at 1/2 LHE to clear bonus. each time, after one hour, i felt like i was on the verge of an aneurism and couldn't do any more.

weird thing, i had decent winrates each time i did it.