Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

Micro Donk 11-28-2007 11:32 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

[ QUOTE ]
PJ, haircut = increase winrate/running hot LDO

[/ QUOTE ]

well im gonna grab a haircut right before i leave for TS in mid-late dec, ill test the theory out

derosnec 11-28-2007 11:38 PM

one good thing about when i supposedly "run" bad is that i get to re-examine my game via PT. after doing so i realized that i wasn't stealing much (only like 24%) and i was raising too many hands in EP (so, i had it backwards for most of novemeber).

since then, i adjusted. i think much of the winnings below is from people playing back at me out of frustration. they're not differentiating between when i raise on the button and when i raise in EP. anyways confidence is back. end of longwinded post.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4188/werwerwr8.jpg

PJo336 11-28-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one good thing about when i supposedly "run" bad is that i get to re-examine my game via PT. after doing so i realized that i wasn't stealing much (only like 24%) and i was raising too many hands in EP (so, i had it backwards for most of novemeber).

since then, i adjusted. i think much of the winnings below is from people playing back at me out of frustration. they're not differentiating between when i raise on the button and when i raise in EP. anyways confidence is back. end of longwinded post.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4188/werwerwr8.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

id agree but i also think there is a limit to it. For example, stealing more just to get ur stats from 28%-30% is all well and good but if it totally alters ur game ur screwed. This happens to me sometimes, but its def about finding a balance on att to steal vs ur vpip/pfr. I dont think 30 is neccessarily the magic number

PJo336 11-28-2007 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for telling me this 6 months ago. I get my hair cut once ev 6 months, u coulda saved me a few 20bi downswings

hey wing, try a haircut?

thing85 11-28-2007 11:46 PM

I find myself 28-32% most sessions and I generally don't have a problem with it. If people start 3-betting me a lot, I move tables. Easy solution. Plenty of tables where people don't realize you steal a lot.

Also, I like to keep track of my stats by table. I may be stealing 30% overall but one table I'm card dead and running really nitty (like 9/9) and another table I'm seemingly LAGy (like 30/27) - both over small samples of course - so I start widening my stealing range on the nitty table, sometimes raising ATC if the blinds are tight and I have a nitty image on the session so far.

When you adjust table by table, I think you can get a pretty high overall att. to steal (~35%) without it really adversely affecting you. Now, if you try to steal 35% on each table, you're probably going to lose money. All about adjusting to your table (which we all know...I think).

derosnec 11-28-2007 11:46 PM

not aiming for a magic #. just that i realized that raising any two is +EV because a) win preflop and b) win flop and c) bet turn or river scare card. at the very least i noticed how many hands i was folding in LP and how many i was raising in EP. had it backwards.

Micro Donk 11-28-2007 11:46 PM

i seem to be folding a lot more in the SB and the button then i used to, my steal blinds % is still like 43. but i am 35/25 in the SB...bit loose?

thing85 11-28-2007 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for telling me this 6 months ago. I get my hair cut once ev 6 months, u coulda saved me a few 20bi downswings

hey wing, try a haircut?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, I had no idea you had long hair. Could've saved you a ton.

Edit: I get a haircut once a month usually a few days after the month starts. That's probably why I always start off with a mini-downswing.

PJo336 11-28-2007 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not aiming for a magic #. just that i realized that raising any two is +EV because a) win preflop and b) win flop and c) bet turn or river scare card. at the very least i noticed how many hands i was folding in LP and how many i was raising in EP. had it backwards.

[/ QUOTE ]
i didnt say u were, i just think some people (myself once included) see they are lower than most and start raising random hands without a set range and just adding a few hands to that range. luckily i got mahh range down

PJo336 11-28-2007 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey wing, try a haircut?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, I had no idea you had long hair. Could've saved you a ton.

Edit: I get a haircut once a month usually a few days after the month starts. That's probably why I always start off with a mini-downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

once a month seems wise, but i always look like a douche the first week or so after a cut, so i like to limit the amount of times i face that lololol