Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

MrWooster 11-20-2007 05:30 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

How many tables do you play spurious?

jasonfish11 11-20-2007 05:36 PM

I am looking for leaks (waterfalls?) in my game. I was told to ask this question here. PM me if you would like to switch some HHs.

Here is a little bit of info about my game.

I am a nit that usually 8 tables. I find I have a better win rate 8 tabling running 17/13/3 than 4-6 tabling at 24/16/2. I get myself into too much trouble when I play a more aggressive style (which I inherently do when I decrease the amount of tables).
I know I have some leaks but I am a winning (all be it slow) player at $10NL. I feel I should have a much bigger win rate but I occasionally have a 7-10BI downswing and it gets really frustrating. I have played over 40K hands and have a win rate of just over 1.5ptbb/100. This is a little skewed though because before I learned the game a little better I was down $133 in 10,000 hands.

I was wondering where I could find someone who would look for some general leaks in my game. Right now I dont have the money for a coach.

I would be willing to trade HHs and review someone else’s.

Thanks in advance for any help.

p.s. I am at work now and dont have HH with me.

Spurious 11-20-2007 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many tables do you play spurious?

[/ QUOTE ]

4 tables at NL10 (so not a lot money [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Spurious 11-20-2007 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking for leaks (waterfalls?) in my game. I was told to ask this question here. PM me if you would like to switch some HHs.

Here is a little bit of info about my game.

I am a nit that usually 8 tables. I find I have a better win rate 8 tabling running 17/13/3 than 4-6 tabling at 24/16/2. I get myself into too much trouble when I play a more aggressive style (which I inherently do when I decrease the amount of tables).
I know I have some leaks but I am a winning (all be it slow) player at $10NL. I feel I should have a much bigger win rate but I occasionally have a 7-10BI downswing and it gets really frustrating. I have played over 40K hands and have a win rate of just over 1.5ptbb/100. This is a little skewed though because before I learned the game a little better I was down $133 in 10,000 hands.

I was wondering where I could find someone who would look for some general leaks in my game. Right now I dont have the money for a coach.

I would be willing to trade HHs and review someone else’s.

Thanks in advance for any help.

p.s. I am at work now and dont have HH with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

cut down the tables
you are playing like an autopilot imo

play 2-4 tables
be disciplnied (extremely important), if you cant play tight enough, you have to change something (maybe even chat with a friend, or reading some webpages).

close the gap between VPIP and PFR when you play less tables. I play 23/20 at NL10 and it works, you take down a lot of pots by raising preflop.

another important thing is table selection
you should datamine hands and import them in your database
sort the tables by Players/flop and look for the tables with high percentages
open those tables and look for people you have stats on, if you have stats on a fish (sth like 70/5/1 or 50/1/2 or 50/30/6) with 60+BB sit on the left of him and try to isolate as often as possible
you will win a lot of money only by playing pots against the fish

you dont have to get fancy too often at NL10, but you should do it from time to time

jasonfish11 11-20-2007 06:12 PM

Thanks for the information. I will try to 4 table tonight and see how that goes.

I think one of my biggest leaks is 3 betting and not knowing when to do it. What hands do you 3 bet OOP, against a good or bad player? What about in opsition. I dont 3 bet AQ very often and I think I should more often. When I do 3 bet I notice it is mostly when I am OOP, is this correct? I tend to call when in position.

I am usually pretty selective of my tables and there are some people I search for ever time I log in.

monkover 11-20-2007 06:17 PM

I just recorded my first video at 50nl with commentary but am not really happy with it so I´m going to make a new one prob on friday. It was amazing though how much it helped me thinking about my own though processes while playing.

Spurious 11-20-2007 06:20 PM

If the number of players you search for is big enough than it is ok, i am just saying that you'll find a lot of fish at those tables.

I 3bet depending on the player.
I 3bet against most players the following range:
99+,AJs+,KQs,AQo+

I usually make my 3bets bigger OOP. But i think i 3bet more in position than OOP.

jasonfish11 11-20-2007 06:26 PM

Monkover-I like the idea. Instead of that my roommate will sometimes sit behind me and ask me why I am doing something. We will then argue about what the right play was. I think this might get the same point across as making a video.

Spurious-Thanks for the advice I will work that in and see how it goes.

Micro Donk 11-20-2007 06:27 PM

since the latest fad is making videos, i might make another one tonight... i maade one some time ago but didnt like the way it came out. but since i suck at poker, would anyone watch it?

wingchunflush 11-20-2007 06:29 PM

hmmmm I dont 3 bet 99 or AJs but I do TT+ and AQo and KQo and I try to only 3 bet oop prefering to play after the flop with position.