Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL DALLAS COWBOYS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS 11/29/07 THREAD***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557542)

Golden_Rhino 11-29-2007 09:33 PM

Re: *****OFFICIAL DALLAS COWBOYS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS 11/29/07 THREAD*

[ QUOTE ]
GB BALL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be, but not gonna happen. They already called forward progress. It's a waste of a challenge at this point.

stakman1011 11-29-2007 09:33 PM

Wow, from the last replay certainly you can see that Harris stripped him. I'm not cheering for either team (except gogogo TO fantasy points) but that was fairly clear that it should be Green Bay ball.

rafiki 11-29-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice good call

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

By the time the guy beside calls forward progress, it's not a strip. So good call. Obv too fast on the forward progress, but that can't be reviewed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact he called forward progress makes it a bad call. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm talking about the ruling of it not being a turnover. That's the only ruling I care about as a Cowboys fan. Obviously terrible forward progress call. We both agree.

XXXNoahXXX 11-29-2007 09:34 PM

so people know, nfl.com/live is showing some live plays, some delayed plays, and continuous commentary.

Golden_Rhino 11-29-2007 09:34 PM

scame.

MacGuyV 11-29-2007 09:34 PM

Wow not even a reach-around for GB

Zutroy 11-29-2007 09:34 PM

Dallas ball. Don't really agree but whatever. It was a close call.

Franchise 60 11-29-2007 09:34 PM

He didn't even blow it dead till after the strip. The whistle wasn't even in his mouth when harris had the ball.

rafiki 11-29-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He didn't even blow it dead till after the strip. The whistle wasn't even in his mouth when harris had the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

he maybe made a whistling sound with his mouth [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Franchise 60 11-29-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he maybe made a whistling sound with his mouth [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That Romo is pretty dreamy...

ADLinden 11-29-2007 09:36 PM

shoulda been a TO imo

Assani Fisher 11-29-2007 09:36 PM

Question: Do you think its worth a challenge even if you know it won't be overturned just so that the refs can see that they screwed you and may have it in the back of their minds that they "owe you one"? I have reffed basketball, and this did influence me if I felt as if I was giving too many bad calls to one team or player, but of course I was not nearly as good of a ref as these guys who are some of the best in the world.

rafiki 11-29-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question: Do you think its worth a challenge even if you know it won't be overturned just so that the refs can see that they screwed you and may have it in the back of their minds that they "owe you one"? I have reffed basketball, and this did influence me if I felt as if I was giving too many bad calls to one team or player, but of course I was not nearly as good of a ref as these guys who are some of the best in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say no given how valuable timeouts and challenges are

Golden_Rhino 11-29-2007 09:37 PM

he said packers again

ADLinden 11-29-2007 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and its not close.

Franchise 60 11-29-2007 09:39 PM

You never want to just waste a challenge 5 mins in just to prove a point. You never know what will happen throughout the game and how many bad/overturnable calls will occur. This is especially true of a game of this importance.

PokerFink 11-29-2007 09:39 PM

Ok, I'll admit it, I like Gumbell. He could obviously use some more emotion, but I think his delivery is smooth and he has some decent insights. He noticed TO in the backfield, says who's in coverage, etc. I'll take that over some idiot screaming that doesn't bring anything intelligent to the table.

BTW, I heard Peyton Manning has a laser, rocket arm.

Franchise 60 11-29-2007 09:41 PM

PokerFink, I think a lot of the people pointing out his mistakes are doing it because he did it so often last season and a lot of people talked about it. I agree the mistakes are meaningless, but it does irk a lot of people. I didn't know if you knew that/saw the games he did last year.

Zutroy 11-29-2007 09:41 PM

He's improved a bit since last year. I remember when he used to refer to a punt as "turning it over on downs". Unless I am the idiot here, which is certainly possible.

Jay Riall 11-29-2007 09:41 PM

lol that drive graphic is soo fkin 80s.

rafiki 11-29-2007 09:42 PM

Ryan Grant, meet Roy

Franchise 60 11-29-2007 09:42 PM

"He could play middle linebacker"

He should

"He could play strong safety"

He shouldn't

rafiki 11-29-2007 09:42 PM

oh man Brett takes a shot

shipitkthx 11-29-2007 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerFink, I think a lot of the people pointing out his mistakes are doing it because he did it so often last season and a lot of people talked about it. I agree the mistakes are meaningless, but it does irk a lot of people. I didn't know if you knew that/saw the games he did last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been in the sporting events threads for almost every game this season and I have yet to see a game where someone on here isnt bitching about how bad the announcers are. I personally couldn't care less.

PokerFink 11-29-2007 09:44 PM

Franchise,

I didn't see his games last year, didn't have NFL Network. I'll keep an open mind the rest of the game and see if my opinion changes.

PS I thought that drive graphic was pretty sweet.

PSS I heard Roy Williams hits kinda hard.

rafiki 11-29-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been in the sporting events threads for almost every game this season and I have yet to see a game where someone on here isnt bitching about how bad the announcers are. I personally couldn't care less.

[/ QUOTE ]

in all fairness I've only said stuff about korheiser (sp).

O Fen�meno 11-29-2007 09:45 PM

watching this game in dutch is really entertaining

Franchise 60 11-29-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]'

I agree, people were talking [censored] on Gus Johnson last week, and I'm not the type to complain about announcing, but Gumbell is an awful play by play guy. He is great in the studio, but he is just terrible, and it sucks he is doing such a big game.

Give me Gus Johnson plz

rafiki 11-29-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you say Cowboy in Dutch ?

MacGuyV 11-29-2007 09:47 PM

OK I was going to defend Gumble, but Lol

rafiki 11-29-2007 09:47 PM

I wonder who wins between Barber vs a Grizzly. It would be close.

O Fen�meno 11-29-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you say Cowboy in Dutch ?

[/ QUOTE ]
alot of the words are english like line of scrimmage, imcomplete and the names obv. field goal is the same thing

damaniac 11-29-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ordinarily agree but his voice itself really bothers me. If they got someone with a deep, pleasant-sounding voice I can let the occasional absurd statement pass, but he sounds like a eunuch.

Golden_Rhino 11-29-2007 09:48 PM

Cowboy's offense is looking like too much for the Pack.

rafiki 11-29-2007 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ordinarily agree but his voice itself really bothers me. If they got someone with a deep, pleasant-sounding voice I can let the occasional absurd statement pass, but he sounds like a eunuch.

[/ QUOTE ]

You get 10 points for using the word eunuch. I lol'd a lot.

Nonfiction 11-29-2007 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'll admit it, I like Gumbell. He could obviously use some more emotion, but I think his delivery is smooth and he has some decent insights. He noticed TO in the backfield, says who's in coverage, etc. I'll take that over some idiot screaming that doesn't bring anything intelligent to the table.

BTW, I heard Peyton Manning has a laser, rocket arm.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with his knowledge, his voice just really pisses me off when he is doing play by play, I don't know what it is but like the tone is just not right for play by play. It actually pisses me off because if not for the voice hes better than almost all of these other morans doing play by play. <3 Collinsworth tho.

Nonfiction 11-29-2007 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahahaha eunuch thats putting it perfectly.

rafiki 11-29-2007 09:49 PM

Wow Owens hasn't done that in a while. Oh well.

Franchise 60 11-29-2007 09:51 PM

Def A+ on the eunuch comment

Nybbles_64 11-29-2007 09:53 PM

[censored] NFL netork.

Let the professionals do the broadcast, not broadcasters with only experience from commenting on Olympic Games (taped delay of course).

Also, "First Period" (after the Cowboys second FG) is this hockey? no. STFU.