Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   why does this forum care so much about religion (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521521)

Matt R. 10-12-2007 03:44 PM

Re: why does this forum care so much about religion

Subfallen,
I did not "leave" the thread. Sometimes I get very busy and cannot read 2+2, let alone post. If you notice, I likely have a gap in my posting history of a week or more. Further, when I checked back on that thread weeks later, I realized you added nothing new. You didn't answer my questions, and you simply re-asserted your previous position. Hence, there was no need to respond, unless I wanted to make my head asplode when you reasserted your position again as "obviously true".

I was also not arguing anything about Christian morality or metaphysics. Did you have reading comprehension problems when you were younger?

Subfallen 10-12-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Subfallen,
Actually, LOL. Based on your most recent post referencing that thread weeks ago, I don't think you even comprehended what I was arguing for or against.

I think this logic stuff is over your head. Don't worry about it fella! I'll try to be nicer in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF LOGIC IS OVER MY HEAD THAN I SHOULD BE EXCEPTIONALLY EASY TO REFUTE.

Again, my position is very simple: it is dishonest to imply (through confusion of categories or equivocated language) that Christian metaphysics are actually meaningful.

Refutation please?

Silent A 10-12-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Subfallen,
Actually, LOL. Based on your most recent post referencing that thread weeks ago, I don't think you even comprehended what I was arguing for or against.

I think this logic stuff is over your head. Don't worry about it fella! I'll try to be nicer in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I want to know what this is all about.

Link?

Subfallen 10-12-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't answer my questions,

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF was your question that I didn't answer?

Matt R. 10-12-2007 03:47 PM

It's really not that big of a deal. Subfallen linked it earlier. And he linked it again in another thread a week or so ago (as I noticed today). I personally got bored with the thread with only 3 posts, but he keeps dredging it up. Basically Lebowski was wondering what Christians think about chinese ppl or something.

mbillie1 10-12-2007 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Subfallen,

[/ QUOTE ]

you're the deuchiest christian i've ever encountered.

and that's saying something.

Subfallen 10-12-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Subfallen,

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I want to know what this is all about.

Link?

[/ QUOTE ]

Silent -

Link. There's no resolution because BTIrish stopped responding.

Matt R. 10-12-2007 03:49 PM

FROM THE OTHER THREAD. I WILL TRY TO SUMMARIZE.

Basically, no one has any clue what you mean when you say "actually meaningful". WHAT I WAS REFUTING FOR THE 18 BILLIONTH TIME, is that you do not have to observe something for it to have "actual meaning". I claimed no position on Christian metaphysics or Christian morality.

Subfallen 10-12-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's really not that big of a deal. Subfallen linked it earlier. And he linked it again in another thread a week or so ago (as I noticed today). I personally got bored with the thread with only 3 posts, but he keeps dredging it up. Basically Lebowski was wondering what Christians think about chinese ppl or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's try this again.

It is dishonest to imply (through confusion of categories or equivocated language) that Christian metaphysics are actually meaningful.

Refutation please?

Matt R. 10-12-2007 03:50 PM

Please define "actually meaningful".