Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   finally gonna have a tiebreaker game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512598)

suzzer99 10-02-2007 12:31 AM

Re: finally gonna have a tiebreaker game

[ QUOTE ]
baseball will have instant replay next year, book it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is the play was effectively blown dead when McClellan signaled safe. I doubt you could even review this. Also baseball will never have instant reply. But it would be worth it just to see Bob Costas' head explode.

sdlate 10-02-2007 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Argh, I left my girlfriend's after the 2 run shot by the Padres because I figured it was over. Ugh. I can't believe I missed the end to this!

[/ QUOTE ]

With Tulowitzki and Holliday due up? You're crazy~

Your Mom 10-02-2007 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly safe at home. WTF is wrong with you people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's a good gimmick post.

crockpot 10-02-2007 12:33 AM

not sure if this has been covered (too long to read through) but this situation is clearly defined in the rulebook. ump is supposed to shut his f'n mouth and wait for the catcher to tag the runner out or for both teams to leave the field. the safe call ended the discussion.

kidcolin 10-02-2007 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a Padres fan, I knew that would happen. I give a 40% of Hoffman coming back next year. He had two chances to lock it up, including Saturday, and blew both.

All things equal though, a hell of a game. One of the best games I've ever watched. WTG Rockies and I'll be rooting for you in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir, this kind of sportsmanship on the internet after a blown call is totally uncalled for.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's [censored] San Diego dude.... just chilaxxxx, bro. Enjoy the weather. No big deal, man.

craig 10-02-2007 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a Padres fan, I knew that would happen. I give a 40% of Hoffman coming back next year. He had two chances to lock it up, including Saturday, and blew both.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think much blame lies with Hoffman. Black made some bad (non) decisions. I don't understand how he doesn't load the bases, and maybe even bring in an outfielder to play the infield (that may be too extreme), when there were men at the corners and 0 outs. Holliday would probably be running on contact on a non-force.

craig

Dudd 10-02-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Argh, I left my girlfriend's after the 2 run shot by the Padres because I figured it was over. Ugh. I can't believe I missed the end to this!

[/ QUOTE ]

With Tulowitzki and Holliday due up? You're crazy~

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's at Coors field with a team that had won something like 500 games in a row to force a playoff, how can you give up on a team like that?

Killua 10-02-2007 12:34 AM

Wasn't rooting for anyone in particular in this game but I'm really pissed that this game was so sloppy. The double was obviously a homerun and then the play at the plate, it looks like Holliday didn't slide on the base with the foot of Barret, but that's not easily seen.

They have to add instant replay or something because it clearly adds some luck to the game.

kidcolin 10-02-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can Brad Lidge be off the hook now?

[/ QUOTE ]

As soon as that Pujols HR ball lands, sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well played.

Eurotrash 10-02-2007 12:35 AM

this is gayballs on so many levels. Holliday is probably going to get the MVP over the more-deserving Jimmy Rollins because of this ridiculous bandbox hit-fest shootout.

and instead of playing a battered Padres team, the Phils now have to play Colorado. what the [censored].