Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 SEC Football Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488659)

sweetwater 11-29-2007 11:20 PM

Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

Gregatron: I think a reason for that is that it is a perceived down year in terms of top-talent in LA... there are still some big in-state guys uncommitted (Tyler Edwards, Chris Tolliver) that you guys will more than likely end up with

barryc83 11-29-2007 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gregatron: I think a reason for that is that it is a perceived down year in terms of top-talent in LA... there are still some big in-state guys uncommitted (Tyler Edwards, Chris Tolliver) that you guys will more than likely end up with

[/ QUOTE ]

Bama's going after him hard. Chase Clement also. We want all them Louisiana boys.

bills217 11-29-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was pulling for UT vs KY, don't take it so personal.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] takes it personal

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

LesJ 11-30-2007 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was pulling for UT vs KY, don't take it so personal.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] takes it personal

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT!

Thanks TFG

Les

RunDownHouse 11-30-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just browsing an another forum it seems there is a lot of grumbling that the LSU coaching staff is more or less phoning in their recruiting at this point. We have a lot of 3*s at this point, though stars are obviously not a perfect systems (as Jacob Hester and Trindon Holiday are both 2*s), but I'm a little apprehensive about this.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know that the * system is near-worthless, right?

bills217 11-30-2007 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just browsing an another forum it seems there is a lot of grumbling that the LSU coaching staff is more or less phoning in their recruiting at this point. We have a lot of 3*s at this point, though stars are obviously not a perfect systems (as Jacob Hester and Trindon Holiday are both 2*s), but I'm a little apprehensive about this.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know that the * system is near-worthless, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I think it's better than near-worthless. No one considers it more than a guide. It seems to me like most teams' recruiting ranks (over a number of years) align fairly well with team success over the period those players play, although I know of no studies on this.

There definitely is some bias toward players being rated higher upon committing to well-known teams/lower upon committing to lesser known teams, but this is an even bigger indictment of LSU's incoming class, which is what we were talking about.

Besides without the *-system what would people argue about during the offseason? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MyTurn2Raise 11-30-2007 02:31 AM

just so you all know...tigerdroppings is blowing up right now....Les Miles told his team at practice that he is off to Michigan....internetz rumorz

Needle77 11-30-2007 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just so you all know...tigerdroppings is blowing up right now....Les Miles told his team at practice that he is off to Michigan....internetz rumorz

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, can he do the whole coach LSU one last game then go coach Michigan in their bowl game so he can go 2-0 in bowls like the Cincy coach did last year. I know Michigan would play before LSU so it would be kind of hard to pull it off(aka I know its utterly impossible), but it would be cool nonetheless.

ChipWrecked 11-30-2007 02:40 AM

There is now some talk that the Arkansas board is jacking around with Tubbs demanding that Gus Malzahn be brought back as OC.

Those with 'sources' are still saying Tubbs will be announced as Hogs coach tomorrow.

Also seeing a rumor that Jerry Jones is staking some of the buyout money.

MyTurn2Raise 11-30-2007 03:04 AM

i'm dying at some of the rumorz....Saban or Spurrier to LSU
ldo