Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 SEC Football Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488659)

Gregatron 10-04-2007 11:15 PM

Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Andre's Heisman chances dropped to about 0 after tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed.

VayaConDios 10-04-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just call him Quincy.

LesJ 10-04-2007 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

He played a pretty sorry game tonight on national tv in front of a captive audience, but I don't think that single game erases any hope of a Heisman run for Woodson. That being said, he will have to play HUGE in several of the other big games for the Cats this year. Quite honestly, that would be pretty unlikely, it would seem, for the competiton is just going to get tougher and tougher for the Cats, with LSU and Florida coming into Lexington in sucessive weeks.

TruFloridaGator 10-04-2007 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fearless prediction:
LSU/UF players will not be called for doing Gator chomps during the game but it will be called later on this year at some point.

Spurrier even:
"Their kicker did the Gator Chomp after the first field goal," he said. "It should have been a penalty. I don't have the answers for a lot of official's calls."

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not calling out Auburn although they did it a few times throughout the game, because most teams do it. It's something that the refs need to get straight though, you can't be penalizing the team doing their own chomp & not the other team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think they should have thrown a flag on Byrum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll assume this is your answer until you tell me otherwise. Spurrier is either misinformed or he's goading the Gator nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spurrier wasn't talking about the game ending FG, which is the one you are referring to by my answer.

TruFloridaGator 10-04-2007 11:28 PM

If Byrum did the Chomp at any point during the game then it should of been called. I answered "Obviously not" to the when he did it after the game was over and the celebration on the field.

Austiger 10-04-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fearless prediction:
LSU/UF players will not be called for doing Gator chomps during the game but it will be called later on this year at some point.

Spurrier even:
"Their kicker did the Gator Chomp after the first field goal," he said. "It should have been a penalty. I don't have the answers for a lot of official's calls."

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not calling out Auburn although they did it a few times throughout the game, because most teams do it. It's something that the refs need to get straight though, you can't be penalizing the team doing their own chomp & not the other team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think they should have thrown a flag on Byrum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll assume this is your answer until you tell me otherwise. Spurrier is either misinformed or he's goading the Gator nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spurrier wasn't talking about the game ending FG, which is the one you are referring to by my answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he's talking about the one in the 3rd quarter? That doesn't make sense.

TruFloridaGator 10-04-2007 11:31 PM

I assume he's referring to the first attempt on the game winner meaning he did the chomp while the game was still going on. I doubt he did it on the try in the 3rd quarter but if he did it should be called.

Austiger 10-04-2007 11:45 PM

Okay, I think we got our wires crossed...anyway, we're talking about the same one, the first one when Meyer called the timeout. There obviously should not have been any kind of flag after it and Spurrier is goading the Gator fans by referencing it IMO. You don't seriously believe there should have been a flag?

TruFloridaGator 10-04-2007 11:55 PM

No, I guess not if it was just immediately after the play & he didn't know the game wasn't over, but by rule he could of been since the game wasn't over.

This is all fairly irrelevant. If it happens during the course of the game, I just want it to be called the same way throughout the season.

Austiger 10-04-2007 11:59 PM

Okay good, I was just making sure you weren't insinuating that you guys got robbed or something. After last year I can't be too sure. Byrum didn't do the chop anyway until after the 2nd one, or at least they didn't show it on TV. You can see the ref running toward the line as he's calling the timeout before the kick so the players probably knew it didn't count. As far as whether it should be allowed during the game, I really don't care. But I do agree that it should be the same for both teams.