Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Ask me about : coming out (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=482957)

Jay Riall 08-21-2007 06:15 PM

Re: Ask me about : coming out

[ QUOTE ]
quote is getting absurdly long, but im not laughing at you for your belief in god, i just dont understand judging people based on a book that admittedly shouldnt be taken literally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm well the stories are written to teach something - 'love thy neighbour' or whatever. So just because I don't believe the actual story happened, that doesn't mean that invalidates the meaning of the story. I think that kinda explains it.

futuredoc85 08-21-2007 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
quote is getting absurdly long, but im not laughing at you for your belief in god, i just dont understand judging people based on a book that admittedly shouldnt be taken literally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm well the stories are written to teach something - 'love thy neighbour' or whatever. So just because I don't believe the actual story happened, that doesn't mean that invalidates the meaning of the story. I think that kinda explains it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, and fwiw i didnt mean all christians, or even you specifically, just the ones who feel the need to publicly berate/condemn people for not sharing their beliefs.

Heavens_Myst 08-21-2007 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also jay, i dont really have a problem w/ anything you've said in the thread, since it seems to mostly be good-natured kidding w/ kolo, and you havent been an obscenely ignorant bigot like H.M., or a moron like UAT

[/ QUOTE ]bigot? naw just republican/conservative and don't think guys [censored] guys is natural at all. again i repeat, anyone who defends gays is:

1) a girl
2) gay
3) a loser/nerd who always got picked on growing up

Jay Riall 08-21-2007 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also jay, i dont really have a problem w/ anything you've said in the thread, since it seems to mostly be good-natured kidding w/ kolo, and you havent been an obscenely ignorant bigot like H.M., or a moron like UAT

[/ QUOTE ]

np, as I said before, I have a couple of gay friends, and respect gay people (not the really annoying camp ones obv.) even if I don't condone their actions.

Jay Riall 08-21-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, and fwiw i didnt mean all christians, or even you specifically, just the ones who feel the need to publicly berate/condemn people for not sharing their beliefs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Tub-thumping and yelling at people, telling them they are going to hell is really not in the spirit of Christianity atall.

Heavens_Myst 08-21-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

np, as I said before, I have a couple of gay friends, and respect gay people (not the really annoying camp ones obv.) even if I don't condone their actions.

[/ QUOTE ]
I respect killers even if I don't condone their actions.

ducy i did this?

futuredoc85 08-21-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]bigot? naw just republican/conservative and don't think guys [censored] guys is natural at all. again i repeat, anyone who defends gays is:

1) a girl
2) gay

[/ QUOTE ]

care to explain why it's unnatural or wrong, besides the fact that you find it gross? Care to offer an intelligent reason (or at least an attempt at one) for you're oh-so-skillful profiling of people who don't hate homosexuals? Also FWIW the bolded is pretty much the word-for-word definition of a bigot.

futuredoc85 08-21-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ducy i did this?

[/ QUOTE ]

because homosexuality is physically harmful to innocent people and is therefore on the same level as murder?

Heavens_Myst 08-21-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1) a girl
2) gay

[/ QUOTE ]

care to explain why it's unnatural or wrong, besides the fact that you find it gross? Care to offer an intelligent reason (or at least an attempt at one) for you're oh-so-skillful profiling of people who don't hate homosexuals? Also FWIW the bolded is pretty much the word-for-word definition of a bigot.

[/ QUOTE ]

if it was natural, a man and another man could procreate, the lifeblood of our civilization, but they cant DUCY?!

seriously im not going to argue this, just let it be noted gay people are disgusting

Jay Riall 08-21-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ducy i did this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Becuase you equate killing somebody with putting a dick in their arse? hmmmmmm