Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Things that say "I'm a piece of trash" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490475)

Clarkmeister 08-31-2007 03:19 AM

Things that say \"I\'m a piece of trash\"

Nothing currently does this for me more than crocs. They don't scream "I love comfort", Birkenstocks do. They scream "I'm a piece of trash". A distant second is a pickup truck with some sort of "anti-the other brand of truck" sticker, or some absurd "patriotic" slogan on it. The bronze goes to dudes wearing excessive jewelry who aren't platinum selling rappers. Watch is ok. One bracelet is ok. One chain is ok. Even an earring or a ring. Fine. But you go to 3 or 4 rings, or several chains, or whatever, then you officialy score right at the top of the trash-o-meter. [/rant]

MitchL 08-31-2007 03:22 AM

Re: Things that say \"I\'m a piece of trash\"

Patriotic bumper stickers for sure.

kkcountry 08-31-2007 03:23 AM

I'm going to nip this in the bud, first person to say "sports jersey" gets a swift kick in the nuts. Like with most anything, if you look like a piece of trash, you're doing it wrong.

edfurlong 08-31-2007 03:25 AM

Dudes wearing tight pants. Dudes wearing anything with studs. Fat people. Really skinny gay people. Paying for your chips with eighteen different food stamp cards that each have eight cents on them. Bringing children to restaurants that have dishes over ten dollars. Cell phone holsters. Blue tooth headsets. Talking to people about religion ever.

Clarkmeister 08-31-2007 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Like with most anything, if you look like a piece of trash, you're doing it wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no right way to wear crocs.

garcia1000 08-31-2007 03:35 AM

Jester hats

Hendricks433 08-31-2007 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no right way to wear hockey jerseys .

[/ QUOTE ]

Phresh 08-31-2007 04:03 AM

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...08_468x498.jpg

Dynasty 08-31-2007 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these crocs? They look like something preteen girls would wear. Men aren't actually wearing these, are they?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...oker/crocs.jpg

TheRedRocket 08-31-2007 04:06 AM

90% of the time having either a Rotweiler or Pit Bull

Phresh 08-31-2007 04:10 AM

TRR,

I think owning either dog is fine, it's just that most people I see owning these dogs are what I would deem trashy.

TheRedRocket 08-31-2007 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TRR,

I think owning either dog is fine, it's just that most people I see owning these dogs are what I would deem trashy.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, it just seems to attract the "i'm more of a bad ass, fight in the 7-11 parking lot type" then other breeds.

adsman 08-31-2007 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these crocs? They look like something preteen girls would wear. Men aren't actually wearing these, are they?

[/ QUOTE ]

People are starting to wear them over here. I make fun of them. They retort with the fact that they're comfortable. Yeah? Well my bathrobe is comfortable. Can I wear that around when I do the shopping?

Double Ice 08-31-2007 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People are starting to wear them over here. I make fun of them. They retort with the fact that they're comfortable. Yeah? Well my bathrobe is comfortable. Can I wear that around when I do the shopping?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes infact you can wear your bathrobe

DCJ311 08-31-2007 04:35 AM

Spray-on tans ftw

edfurlong 08-31-2007 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Spray-on tans ftw

[/ QUOTE ]

I love these, it's like a lower back tattoo but you can see it for miles.

adsman 08-31-2007 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes infact you can wear your bathrobe

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I could. If I wanted to look like a PIECE OF TRASH!

luckyjimm 08-31-2007 04:56 AM

Enormously fat women - i.e. 280 pounds plus - who wear sleeveless tops DESPITE NOT REALISING THEIR FAT ARMS ARE DISGUSTING.

xorbie 08-31-2007 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Enormously fat women - i.e. 280 pounds plus - who wear sleeveless tops DESPITE NOT REALISING THEIR FAT ARMS ARE DISGUSTING.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do people not know what despite means?

TheRover 08-31-2007 05:46 AM

driving an 80's Camaro or Firebird.

RiverFenix 08-31-2007 05:47 AM

Wife beaters and/or sweatpants outside.

suzzer99 08-31-2007 05:50 AM

Bulky cel phone proudly clipped on the belt.

NicksDad1970 08-31-2007 06:04 AM

I disagree with you about the crocs.Even though I have never owned a pair of them and wouldn't ever wear em.

But I don't think it means trashy at all. I'm pretty sure every one of my kids have a pair. Thanks god those are popular for $15 a pair vs Cole Haan or Birkenstocks at $150.

They walk around wearing the trendy stuff and save me some cash.

I agree with you about the truck having a sticker about anti other truck.

to me it's crazy to look down on someone because they have a different taste in vehicles.

luckyjimm 08-31-2007 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

de新pite (d-spt)
prep.
In spite of; notwithstanding

Your point being?

BrookTrout 08-31-2007 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

to me it's crazy to look down on someone because they have a different taste in vehicles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clothing or shoes on the other hand....

lapoker17 08-31-2007 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing currently does this for me more than crocs. They don't scream "I love comfort", Birkenstocks do. They scream "I'm a piece of trash". A distant second is a pickup truck with some sort of "anti-the other brand of truck" sticker, or some absurd "patriotic" slogan on it. The bronze goes to dudes wearing excessive jewelry who aren't platinum selling rappers. Watch is ok. One bracelet is ok. One chain is ok. Even an earring or a ring. Fine. But you go to 3 or 4 rings, or several chains, or whatever, then you officialy score right at the top of the trash-o-meter. [/rant]

[/ QUOTE ]

clark - i think crocs suck - however - i know a few peeps who wear them and also make lots more than any of us could playing card games and are super avg and normal otherwise (except for the fac that they went to above avg schools) - so the fact that you used "trash" makes me thing you are wrong in a pretty big way.

mosdef 08-31-2007 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

de新pite (d-spt)
prep.

Your point being?

[/ QUOTE ]

The observation should be that they wear such shirts BECAUSE they don't realize their arms are fat, not IN SPITE OF not realizing their arms are fat. Throwing in a "despite" here is the old "because doesn't sound smart so I'll use a different word" trap.

ThreeMartini 08-31-2007 06:45 AM

Spit cups

Anything NASCAR related

Keeping a comb in your back pocket

Mullets

Those big black wallets that are chained to your belt loop

whiskeytown 08-31-2007 06:46 AM

someone driving in a car, windows up, bass cranked so loud it makes your fillings ache from 50 yards away.

splashpot 08-31-2007 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know several upper class business men who do this. Don't see how that is trashy.

Shorts that fall to mid-calf or lower are trashy.

sirtimo 08-31-2007 07:03 AM

having a "Calvin peeing on something" sticker on the back window of your truck.

scraggly, can't-quite-grow-it facial hair on guys over 18

rwesty 08-31-2007 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more of a sign of a douchebag than trashy.

luckyjimm 08-31-2007 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

de新pite (d-spt)
prep.

Your point being?

[/ QUOTE ]

The observation should be that they wear such shirts BECAUSE they don't realize their arms are fat, not IN SPITE OF not realizing their arms are fat. Throwing in a "despite" here is the old "because doesn't sound smart so I'll use a different word" trap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't accept your alternative phrasing. "Despite" is the correct word for what I meant. These fatties wear short-sleeved tops for whatever reason - maybe they liked the colour in the store. They did not choose the garment just because they didn't know how grotesque their fat arms would look.

NicksDad1970 08-31-2007 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clothing or shoes on the other hand....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you're talking about others or me but nowhere did I say I looked down on others. All I said was I was happy the trend was towards something very cheap.

However I tend to look a lil down on people that appear to not have bathed for several days. Pregnant women that smoke piss me off...

NicksDad1970 08-31-2007 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Spit cups

Anything NASCAR related

Keeping a comb in your back pocket

Mullets

Those big black wallets that are chained to your belt loop

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is trashy about NASCAR? Is it just because you don't like it? I happen to enjoy NASCAR. I also brush my teeth more than once a day, shower daily, I try to hide it when I feel the need to pick my nose in public, I've never worn a wife beater shirt, I don't chew tobacco (I quit that about 8 years ago , but I still miss it), and I don't own a rebel flag.

glorfindel 08-31-2007 07:45 AM

Tattoos. Underwear showing. Litterbugs. Cannibals.

otnemem 08-31-2007 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

de新pite (d-spt)
prep.

Your point being?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't accept your alternative phrasing. "Despite" is the correct word for what I meant. These fatties wear short-sleeved tops for whatever reason - maybe they liked the colour in the store. They did not choose the garment just because they didn't know how grotesque their fat arms would look.

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't sound right, Jimm. If you were saying that they DO realize how gross their arms are, it would be okay: "The wear these shirts, despite knowing how disgusting their arms are." But saying "despite not knowing" doesn't really make any sense. If they don't know something, how can they do something in spite of it? Really, you should have said, "Despite the fact that their arms are disgusting."

Sephus 08-31-2007 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

de新pite (d-spt)
prep.

Your point being?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're wrong, just stop. not knowing that their arms are disgusting should make it more likely for them to show them off, not less. it should be "despite [fact that should make them less likely to do so]."

it's like saying "michael jordan is an awesome dunker, despite the fact that he jumps really high."

tuq 08-31-2007 08:22 AM

I'm blowing around in the outfield at Candlestick.

TheNoodleMan 08-31-2007 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

de新pite (d-spt)
prep.

Your point being?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimm,

You are wrong and sound like a moron debating it, despite what you think.