Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they're coming 2 Denver area 2! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=460527)

CincyLady 09-14-2007 11:56 AM

Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver are

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do they by chance have N/L of any kind (like with say a 100 buck buy in limit or something)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know, but KCMO is only 9 hours from Denver, and they have nlhe

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but they don't have the HPT there that week, and if I was going East, I'd go to the Horseshoe in C.B. Iowa (across the river from Omaha), as my Mother and Brother live in Omaha.

Plus, as the Roadrunner runs, the Horseshoe, I can make it in 7 to 7 1/2 hrs from Denver (Going most of the way, 85 MPH, as the legal speed limit is 75 for most of the trip). [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

jackhigh 09-14-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I'm also planning on playing a week later in Deadwood, SD ... is anyone else planning on making the trip there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe... it depends...are you single (not really important) and is that your real pic in your Avatar? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh ...

Answer to number 1, yes I'm single.

Answer to number 2, no, it's just something a friend made up for me for an Avatar, that reflects my job skill set.

So, unless you like older women (I'll be 49 by then), and you like BBW's (Big Beautiful Women) and consider yourself to be (as I've heard guys call it) a 'chubby chaser', I don't think you'd be interested in someone like myself.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

BBW'S Rule!!! (especially if they play poker!) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

bbop213 09-17-2007 05:34 PM

Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver area 2!

Yes, this tournament is on! I cannot wait for this. I am just not sure how they plan to accomodate all of the players that they will most definitely get. Someone did tell me that the Gilpin is going to offer $50 Satellites for the $340 event. At first I thought this was strange, but now I think it is kind of clever. Can anyone confirm?

RR 09-17-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, this tournament is on! I cannot wait for this. I am just not sure how they plan to accomodate all of the players that they will most definitely get. Someone did tell me that the Gilpin is going to offer $50 Satellites for the $340 event. At first I thought this was strange, but now I think it is kind of clever. Can anyone confirm?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm it. It will be a $50 satellite and you will receive $400 cash. If you choose to play a tournament other than an HPT event you will be welcome to do so.

bbop213 09-17-2007 05:57 PM

So it is a $50 Satellite - winner take all then? I like it!

DanielleRB 09-17-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm it. It will be a $50 satellite and you will receive $400 cash. If you choose to play a tournament other than an HPT event you will be welcome to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know when these will start at the Gilpin RR?

RR 09-17-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They have been approved by Gaming so I would say as soon as 10 people sign up. I think an official announcement will be made this week.

CincyLady 09-17-2007 06:21 PM

Even better, did anyone watch HPT on TV on Sunday?

They were advertising the crap out of the fact that they'll be in Denver October 1st, through the 14th! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So, RR, these are single table Sats, right?

I got a mailer in my snail mail today advertising some sort of 50 buck thing, if you have a Gilpin Poker Room Aces player's card, is that what this is?

Looking forward to it!

RR 09-17-2007 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, RR, these are single table Sats, right?

I got a mailer in my snail mail today advertising some sort of 50 buck thing, if you have a Gilpin Poker Room Aces player's card, is that what this is?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen the mailer. They are single table. We are also approved to have 2 tabels and have 2 winners and have 3 tables 3 winners.

Ultra Violet 09-17-2007 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They have been approved by Gaming so I would say as soon as 10 people sign up. I think an official announcement will be made this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

So $400 for the winner and $100 for the house? Or am I missing something?

I am all about the Gilpin and would be wiling to pay a little more to play touneys there over some of the other rooms up on the hill, but Dang!

Have they posted or decided on a structure for the blinds and etc? The HPT ones are 10 minutes and can be kind of a crapshoot.