Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   three of a kind, not bad: Fill In the Blanks (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551255)

private joker 11-21-2007 06:35 AM

three of a kind, not bad: Fill In the Blanks

Commerce 40: Very very good table.

Some unknown guy raises UTG, spewy Asian LAG calls, loose-passive fishy Middle Eastern guy calls, so I call on the button with 44. BB calls too, 5 to the flop.

Flop 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
BB checks, UTG bets, Asian LAG raises, fish folds, I 3-bet, BB folds, UTG calls, LAG caps, we both call.

Turn 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG checks, LAG bets, I raise, UTG calls, LAG calls.

River J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
They both check to me, and I ____ intending to ____ if _______, and _____ if _______.

Chris Daddy Cool 11-21-2007 06:47 AM

Re: three of a kind, not bad: Fill In the Blanks

i don't know why you have so many if's but you bet the river and call if utg checkraises you. and if lag checkraises you i would 3-bet.

cowboy billy 11-21-2007 06:52 AM

obv you bet, but you're toast when you get check raised, nobody's going to c/r bluff here and a rivered top two will lead out almost always instead of c/r'ing

bakku 11-21-2007 06:55 AM

They both check to me, and I <u>bet</u> intending to <u>3-bet</u> if <u>lag raises</u>, and <u>call</u> if <u>utg raises</u>.

cowboy billy 11-21-2007 07:03 AM

fwiw: I couldn't fold to a c/r in a pot this big but I would NEVER 3-bet unless the lag is a total moron

bakku 11-21-2007 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw: I couldn't fold to a c/r in a pot this big but I would NEVER 3-bet unless the lag is a total moron

[/ QUOTE ]

what can lag have on the river that beats us? it's really unlikely he has a straight or a set based on the action in previous streets so if he does c/r it's most likely a hand like JT/J9.

cowboy billy 11-21-2007 08:26 AM

no, it is very likely for him to have the straight given the previous action, maybe even with a spade draw, which would make quite a few combos possible

the lag would def 3-bet the turn with top set and I'm pretty sure 3 would go in with middle set as well

jacks for the lag seems unlikely given his preflop cc, which makes a rivered set unlikely as well

only 3 type of hands make sense:
- a rivered top two with JT (J9 seems quite unlikely to me given the flop action) but in my experience most players lead out with such a hand on the river instead of c/r'ing
- a rivered straight, possibly in combination with a spade draw, which makes up for a lot of combos
- a total bluff after a missed draw, which would be completely retarded against a player like PJ

add the slight possibility of a higher set and value 3-betting a cr is suicide

+++EDIT+++ and I didn't even mention the obvious fact that river cr's are way more often a strong hand than a bluff

brettbrettr 11-21-2007 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They both check to me, and I ____ intending to ____ if _______, and _____ if _______.

[/ QUOTE ]

bet never fold

SNOWBALL 11-21-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bet never fold

[/ QUOTE ]

if it's 2 cold back to me, I'm outta there. Otherwise, never fold. 3 betting a lag CR is madness imo, because if he is lag enough to play 100% of J9 suited and offsuit and JT suited and offsuit like this then he is also lag enough to play any KQ suited and offsuit like this, so we get 4 bet really often, and that is really sick.

nineinchal 11-21-2007 11:51 AM

On the river, I come out blasting after those checks, and just call if raised after that.