Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   JTs - Playing back at LAGTAG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552755)

efficacy 11-23-2007 07:42 AM

JTs - Playing back at LAGTAG

Villain 35/25/2.5 over 400 hands, 34% WTSD

PokerStars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>

Oink 11-23-2007 07:47 AM

Re: JTs - Playing back at LAGTAG

I like

KQ, KJ, KT, QJ, QT should all be folding if not now then on any non broadway/8 turn.

With his lowish wtsd (small sample for that stat) its even possible he is folding 22, 33, 44, 55, 66 maybe even 88, TT

EDIT:
His stats are laggish. Are they filtered?

Just wanna add that this is only a play I would choose if I knew QJ, QT, KT was in his range. Against a TAG or a more regular 28/20 LAGTAG I am just c/c'ing.

1 more edit: If villain is prone to check pp's and Kx on the turn given your flop peel here c/c becomes a helluva lot better as well.

Also note that if your image is crappy this might not be +EV. Even against this guy. Against a player that seems in a spewish mode or if I know he will play WA/WB with Ax I am calling down bricks with KQ, KJ, KT on that board.

And just to make a preemptive strike against all the folders on this forum. If you ever c/f this flop you suck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hobbs. 11-23-2007 08:13 AM

an easier way is to cap preflop.

TheHip41 11-23-2007 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
an easier way is to cap preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've started capping with hands like this too.

Then I bet the flop and get raised 100% of the time.

Also, while this play looks nice on paper, my opponents have AK everytime I do it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Wolfram 11-23-2007 12:21 PM

Although I don't do it frequently, I really like the idea of capping this pre-flop vs the right kind of opponent. It really increases your fold equity vs mid-low PP's and your equity isn't that bad against most of his range (I think).

Gonna start experimenting with this.

Oink 11-23-2007 12:28 PM

I hate capping PF against a LAGTAG or LAG who is SD bound

You have no eq edge of the money going in - on the contrary - and your implied FE isnt gonna improve a lot

Wolfram 11-23-2007 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate capping PF against a LAGTAG or LAG who is SD bound

[/ QUOTE ]
My ideal opponent wouldn't be SD bound. I realize that we are at an equity disadvantage vs his range, but I thought maybe we could make that up by getting him to fold 66-99 or whatever when an Ace shows up, or two brodways.

Maybe i'm just grasping for some fps in my game.

Oink 11-23-2007 12:45 PM

Ya ok. I just thought we were talking about this 35/25 LAGTAG in this hand

johnnyrocket 11-23-2007 12:46 PM

yea i dont like capping either, with position maybe, OOP against a LAG i think we are just bloating the pot making it tougher to play postflop

Apanage 11-23-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And just to make a preemptive strike against all the folders on this forum. If you ever c/f this flop you suck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it a little bit easier to continue when I have 4 outs to the nuts than I have calling with 1 over to the board and a backdoor gsdraw. So I could peel this kind of flop.Doesn´t always do though.
I guess I suck at poker.

I think OP:s play is alright for reasons OINK stated. But still like to point out that a player poulation that has 34% WSD is not homogeneous. I have great respect for the 34%:s that have those stats because they´re constantly folding out others with hyperaggressive play.