Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   J8s 6-max playalong (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385346)

marchron 04-22-2007 01:17 PM

J8s 6-max playalong

My last and heretofore only playalong sucked yaks. I don't care; this one will be good.

Let's introduce the cast of characters:
SB is a bad TAG.
BB is awesome: he plays damn near A2C preflop, and the only times he's not calling down with any piece is when he thinks his opponents are weak, in which case he bets/raises with any piece.
UTG is your garden-variety moron.
MP is not quite as awesome as BB, but close; he's not so aggressive with any piece, but he'll call down with any draw, including unimproved pocket pairs.
CO is a solid TAG and the bane of my existence at this table. I wanted his seat, and the awesome position he had on the three stooges in front of him, but he got there first. He iso-raises plenty — in fact, in a later hand he iso-raised KTo, I folded KT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], the board came 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and he made an awesome value 3-bet vs. UTG on the river with a straight despite the obvious flush draw to win, and I cursed the fact that I didn't get in and make a straight flush. His only weakness is that he's weak-tight postflop with UI overs; he usually check/folds. This has enabled me to get some money off him when he tries stealing my blinds.

UltimateBet 2/4 (6-max, 6-handed)

Preflop: <font color="green">marchron</font> is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="green">marchron</font> . . .

I have the button; I have a PFR who's known to raise light; I have a solid multi-way hand that's not likely to be utterly dominated; I can reasonably expect to have at least a five-way pot for two bets. Question One: do you make the dreaded coldcall?

fretelöo 04-22-2007 01:39 PM

Re: J8s 6-max playalong

Uh. No. Your 2gappers str8 potential is seriously crippled and you'll have to worry about OCs very often. Sorry, I fold and go make a sandwich.

Buzz-cp 04-22-2007 01:44 PM

assuming BB is not a gamblor 3-betting with junk, you're only getting 8:2 preflop. Sometimes tag will come along and it's 10:2. The problem is the tag is going to be raising any donk's flop bet usually forcing you to fold. Wait for another hand.

Buzz

bennyhana 04-22-2007 01:48 PM

ok, this is one of those hands, at one of those tables, where cold calling has some value.

nomadtla 04-22-2007 01:52 PM

Give me QJs-78s and yes. I just think we are too weak to make a cold call here.

But I am just starting to play 6 max and am a weenie.

marchron 04-22-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
assuming BB is not a gamblor 3-betting with junk, you're only getting 8:2 preflop. Sometimes tag will come along and it's 10:2. The problem is the tag is going to be raising any donk's flop bet usually forcing you to fold. Wait for another hand.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]
BB could three-bet, but I doubt it, as I also doubt either of the first two limpers pulling a LRR.

Edit: duhhhhhh.

Buzz-cp 04-22-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I count five sure entries into this pot (everybody but SB), giving me 10˝-2 effective odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are counting yourself there in the pot odds--you have 4 in vs you. that's 8.5 to your 2 bets to call.

kaby 04-22-2007 02:12 PM

I fold.

Would you even think about coldcalling T7s here? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

marchron 04-22-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I count five sure entries into this pot (everybody but SB), giving me 10˝-2 effective odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are counting yourself there in the pot odds--you have 4 in vs you. that's 8.5 to your 2 bets to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, Jesus Christ. Duhhhhh.

fretelöo 04-22-2007 02:17 PM

Ok, we've established now that no one but you likes a cold call. Let's see a flop. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]