Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AA against very weak opponent. 50NL. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483712)

fxwz 08-22-2007 11:25 AM

AA against very weak opponent. 50NL.

Ok, so I've been playing on this table for about 1 hour. I bought in with 50BB(yeah, I know) and I'm roughly 31/20/4 in this session(~190 hands).
Villain is unbelieaveably weak, roughly 16/3/1.8 over 170 hands. He never bets without having anything, and if he is unsure if he has the best hand he will check/call. I've seen him go to showdown 6 times, in wich he had KK two times. The other hands were just random crap he got to see a free showdown with from BB and one ATs he limped with, hit the A and c/c. He did not 3-bet with his kings and he check/called one of them down on a board of QD,8S,QC,10C,AC. No c-bet, just a standard PF-raise. He bought in with 100bb and is up 5$ in one hour because of one the KK-hands(before that he was down 50bb or so).

Then, this happens:

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0,25-$0,50 (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

UTG ($49.50)
Hero ($58.55)
Button ($55.25)
SB ($21.45)
BB ($49.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, Button calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($5) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $3.50.

Turn: ($19) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $7</font>, Hero ?

I know you guys will propably say "bet more PF" but I was mixing it up and trying to be deceptive(fwiw), so I dont really want any comments on my PF-play, I have no problems laying down aces if it comes to that.

Couple of thoughts about the hand; this is the first time in 190 hand i see him raising postflop, as well as firing out on the turn. As stated I know he doesnt bet without having something close to the nuts, but my hand is also underrepped so he propably doesnt realize the strength of my hand(allthough I don't think he even thinks about other peoples hands). Ālso, in my book a min-raise on this level very often is a good hand.
Anyways I guess I propably raise flop ~80-90%, and ~10-20% of the time I just call and raise turn if no scarecards hits. BUT, against this guy?! I think this might be the ~1% I give the hand up. Would this kind of player suddenly play a draw aggro, or is this a way in front/way behind situation?

jack492505 08-22-2007 11:53 AM

Re: AA against very weak opponent. 50NL.

I know you said you didn't want comments on preflop but, its not very deceptive to raise less when you have a huge hand. Assuming you typically make bigger raises if I was playing with you the smaller raise all of the sudden would usually tip me off that you might have a huge hand.

fxwz 08-22-2007 12:02 PM

It's not like I bet less when I have a huge hand, it's pretty random. Reason I did it this time is I frequently got raised from LP when i bet 3x.
Any thoughts about the hand? Do you raise flop or turn? Do you call or fold?

THoM. 08-22-2007 12:08 PM

If he suddenly decided to play his draw aggro, he has possibly made his hand on the turn. You dont have the Ad, so I would fold here.

Holdem_Hussl4 08-22-2007 12:14 PM

I re-pop flop.

Biggy 08-22-2007 12:17 PM

It's a weird spot, I'd think about 3 betting his flop minraise. I don't think a weak player like that calls on a draw if you 3bet the flop.

wslee00 08-22-2007 01:44 PM

i'd call turn and c/c up to 1/2 pot river bet

TheDoubleA 08-22-2007 04:24 PM

Do you think he could do this with 1010 +? After seeing that he could have won some more money with the KK hand, maybe he felt the need to push these types of hands harder. I really doubt that he is playing a draw this way at all, and 53 or 58 for a straight is just not reasonable based on his previous stats and play. If you dont think his play changed much, they I would probably put him on a set here.

To raise a draw and then dumb down your turn bet after being checked to in order to get a call doesnt seem like it is in his style. If he was willing to c/c down overpairs, I just cant see him raising and playing this aggressive with a draw.

I will go with 65% that he has a set and 35% that he has an overpair.

As played though I would have folded and continued to c-bet the [censored] out of him, because it seems like a very easy player to play against.

fxwz 08-22-2007 04:26 PM

Thanks for the answers. I guess it's three lines you could choose, 3-bet flop, c/c or fold. I'm having a hard time figuring out wich one is the best though.
3-bet flop: why would this kind of player suddently play his draw aggro? I've seen him see a flop with 95s from the BB(just cheking pf), check all the way, hit a straight and CHECK the river. No bets, no call, no nothing.

Calling turn and calling 1/2 pot bet on river:
In my mind there's no way he would bet the river without a hand, and with a weak holding he propably would've checked or if he felt really frisky, made a light bet(although I doubt it). So this could propably work.
BUT is it realistic to think he's holding anything worse than a set or two pair? At worst? I mean, i've only seen this guy bet one hand before out of almost 200 and that hand he was holding kings on a board with low cards, and no draws.

Go figure...

edit: thanks for the input TheDoubleA.
I pretty much agree with you. I guess he could of had TT+, that would make sense as well as set/two pair.
I ended up folding, but I sure wasn't happy at all about how the hand went down..

Gotta love ongame though, players like this all the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TheDoubleA 08-22-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit: thanks for the input TheDoubleA.
I pretty much agree with you. I guess he could of had TT+, that would make sense as well as set/two pair.
I ended up folding, but I sure wasn't happy at all about how the hand went down..

[/ QUOTE ]
Your welcome.
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is unbelieaveably weak, roughly 16/3/1.8 over 170 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think there is anyway he has 2 pair here.

...and dont worry about the fold. You will make that back c-betting the [censored] out of him over the next hour. Players with stats like this make one mistake and it is a killer for him, as he does not play a style that lets him get into huge pots. Look at this one, if he had been loose, you might have pushed the flop and he smokes with with a set of 7s. But because he is a SUPER nit, it becomes a semi-easy fold. God I love poker.