Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   25-50 6 max deep stacks on Stars (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508857)

RikaKazak 09-25-2007 06:58 PM

Re: 25-50 6 max deep stacks on Stars

[ QUOTE ]
-When someone runs out of time, make them check rather than fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

this should be stars #1 priority imo

Also, I'm glad to see named pros discussing stuff etc. A+ work Daniel and Stars.

Crazy Porto 09-25-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
)

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are people always such idiots here.

[/ QUOTE ]

my guess is he's an idiot everywhere

Daniel Negreanu 09-25-2007 07:11 PM

I actually read every post (no I'm not gay lol) and appreciate your suggestions. Many I agree with, some I'm pretty "meh" about, and some I need to think about a little bit before deciding where I stand on it (i.e. heads up tables).

I love playing heads up as much as the next guy, but I look at what those games often do to other sites and am a little bit concerned. I spoke with Action_Jeff and Booosted J about this last night and they had similar concerns and gave me examples of how it could actually have a negative effect on the higher limit games. I'm on the fence here, but will definitely keep it on the brain.

As for the "harsh sounds" I believe you can adjust that yourself in the options menu.

Hmm... what else, no limit with antes, yum yum! Man do I love the way that sounds! Of course, the structure for those games, especially considering the whole short stacking issue would have to change drastically. For example, a $10-$20 NL game with a $5 would likely play just as big (if not bigger) than a 25-50 NL game with no ante, so the minimum buy in would have to increase as well as the max buy in. Again, that's always a very touchy subject for any site- for good reasons that I'm sure you guys fully understand.

As for 50-100 NL, again I'm on the fence there too. The large seperation between 25-50 and 100-200 cound be a really good thing depending on how you look at it. I realize that you guys are likely winning players that just want to crush the games for as much as possible, but in some respects, even for you guys, it's better to "sheer a sheep many times rather than skin him once." LOL, what a goofy expression,huh? You get the point.

My worry about adding 50-100 is that TOO many unprepared players would make the jump, go broke, thus really hurting the 25-50 games.

Again, I'm on the fence there too, but I'll make sure to put a lot of thought into it before deciding either way.

One last thing, again, not meaning to spam, but over at the FCP forum there is actually a decent thread in General (true story!) about knowingly making -EV plays and how that can increase your overall earn. It's called something like DN Making Bad Plays, or something like that, lol.

tmfs 09-25-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm glad to see named pros discussing stuff etc. A+ work Daniel and Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crazy Porto 09-25-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is a bad idea the only thing you have to do is press the bet button to win the hand.
If you check it should go on instantcheck and people will start faking this by (almost) timing out PF and instachecking the flop wich will have nothing to do with poker strategy and is just a waste of time imo.

And if you time out PF do they fill your timebank again on the flop?
It should because why see a flop when you have no time to decide, so you would have to fill the timebank again on every street wich is of course retarded and would kill the games.(even a bigger waste of time)

If your not there you should not be in the hand.

SNOWBALL 09-25-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

* A "Fold and Show" button in addition to the ordinary fold button when only two players are left in the pot. (Is it Ultimate Bet that has this already?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but this can increase the likelihook of misclicks, depending on how it is set up. A surplus of buttons can be a bad thing for multitablers.

SNOWBALL 09-25-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you have never had your software lag out on you in position on the river when you hold the pure nuts.

captZEEbo 09-25-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you have never had your software lag out on you in position on the river when you hold the pure nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]agreed. It's to say someone should not play if they aren't in a hand, but some people don't have access to flawless internet connections.

captZEEbo 09-25-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love playing heads up as much as the next guy, but I look at what those games often do to other sites and am a little bit concerned. I spoke with Action_Jeff and Booosted J about this last night and they had similar concerns and gave me examples of how it could actually have a negative effect on the higher limit games. I'm on the fence here, but will definitely keep it on the brain.

[/ QUOTE ]One aspect you may or may not be aware of is that many times people still try to have heads up games at the upper stakes. But about 5-10% of the time, the person won't respect someone that asks a game to remain "HU". This has to be one of the most frustrating things ever. One other annoying aspect is that a lot of the time even when people honor the request for the hu game, they don't notice the message asking to keep it a hu game until after they posted their big blind, thus usually forcing them to play an orbit, so it's just annoying in general to deal with that when you're in the middle of a hu game.

Ansky 09-25-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PPL posting in this thread,

This is a very important opportunity, please to not spam w/ ideas like half pot limit badugi, or whatever. Post ideas that stars will employ, because they help both the user and the site. Pick your battles, and try to post coherently and intelligently. When the 100/200 players asked Daniel for a deep table, he got it going within a week. This is a real opportunity, so do not waste it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no right in telling anyone on here what to post.

If people what to write 'half split hi/low badugi chinese poker' w/e; so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ no right.

Honestly what kind of a statement is that.

I have every "right" (lol) to make suggestions as to what I think will be effective, and what will not be. If u disagree, go ahead and post what you please.