Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   calling a cap preflop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552624)

Tryptamean 11-23-2007 12:55 AM

calling a cap preflop

you raise KJo UTG, MP 3bets, CO cold caps, folded back to you... do you see a flop?

how does your answer change based on stats/reads on MP/CO?

I'm curious because I've been folding in situations like this with dominated offsuit hands as a default. Obviously, the crazier/laggier my opponents are, the more inclined I am to see a flop.

efficacy 11-23-2007 01:05 AM

Re: calling a cap preflop

[ QUOTE ]
you raise KJo UTG, MP 3bets, CO cold caps, folded back to you... do you see a flop?

how does your answer change based on stats/reads on MP/CO?

I'm curious because I've been folding in situations like this with dominated offsuit hands as a default. Obviously, the crazier/laggier my opponents are, the more inclined I am to see a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold it the first time around. If I did raise it utg, I would fold when it gets back to me capped.

edit: IF I'm playing well.

Tryptamean 11-23-2007 01:11 AM

hm, KJo is a standard open for me UTG, and I'm pretty tight. I assume you raise KQ? Do you see a flop with that?

bobhalford 11-23-2007 01:27 AM

I don't think I ever see a flop here after it's capped preflop. I think raising this hand utg is fine however. Sometimes I muck it, depending on table conditions.

efficacy 11-23-2007 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hm, KJo is a standard open for me UTG, and I'm pretty tight. I assume you raise KQ? Do you see a flop with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is KJo UTG a winner in your database? When I checked my database it was a loser UTG AND in the HJ. Probably because I play bad postflop. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-23-2007 03:34 AM

Stox has KJ as an UTG opener

NinaWilliams 11-23-2007 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stox has KJ as an UTG opener

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesnt. KJ is a small winner in my database but I stopped opening it after people here told me not to.

jzpiano 11-23-2007 03:54 AM

I usually don't open KJo UTG anymore as it was the biggest loser in my database over 500k hands. I will occasionally raise it, but it has to be the right table for it.

Tryptamean 11-23-2007 04:18 AM

ok, i didnt really want to start a preflop debate... so, maybe change my position to MP, CO 3bets, and button cold caps....

in general, whatever the bottom offsuit hand in your range is, do you fold that hand to a cold capper oop?

inferno 11-23-2007 04:20 AM

he doesnt ask if you should open KJo UTG but if you should call the 2cold after you opened (eg. someone 3bets and other guy caps do you call aswell) the answer is no I dont