Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What Book Are You Looking Forward To The Most in 2008? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551030)

Zorlac 11-22-2007 08:54 PM

Re: What Book Are You Looking Forward To The Most in 2008?

I voted for Gus' book - it's a play by play of last years Aussie Millions which he took out. I don't think anything like this has been done before?

Must say I don't get the interest in a cash game book from Harrington? Isn't that like Roger Federer writing a best seller on tennis then cashing in on its popularity with a follow-up on badminton?

.Z

kafkaFan1 11-22-2007 11:45 PM

Re: What Book Are You Looking Forward To The Most in 2008? *DELETED*

Post deleted by deacsoft

PJS 11-23-2007 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Must say I don't get the interest in a cash game book from Harrington? Isn't that like Roger Federer writing a best seller on tennis then cashing in on its popularity with a follow-up on badminton?

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been asked a few times. Mason responded and told us that before Dan become a top tournament player, he played in (and beat) the highest cash games available.

I agree about the Gus book; sounds very good.

PJS

Doc T River 11-23-2007 09:22 AM

I may have been the creator of the thread/poll, but I don't think I can, nor do I want to, add books. To do so would result in a list that would probably end up containing 500 titles.

To the poster who wondered about the dearth of limit titles, I can only list those I know about. Sorry.

folding_the_nuts 11-23-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may have been the creator of the thread/poll, but I don't think I can, nor do I want to, add books. To do so would result in a list that would probably end up containing 500 titles.

To the poster who wondered about the dearth of limit titles, I can only list those I know about. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are no new ones available, you have to reread your old jewels like Ken Warren: Winner's Guide To Texas Hold'em Poker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

JimmyVooToo 11-24-2007 09:30 AM

Never heard about Gus' book but thats looking interesting !

sharkscopeaholic 11-24-2007 07:43 PM

How to cheat at poker book? LOL only a douche would pick or buy this

Doc T River 11-24-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How to cheat at poker book? LOL only a douche would pick or buy this

[/ QUOTE ]

Due to space considerations, I had to shorten the title. It is geared more to knowing how to cheat so that you can spot if you are being cheated and what to do about it.

daveT 11-24-2007 09:07 PM

Mechanics is fun.

If you ever run across a good cheater, you wouldn't know it. That is why they are good cheaters.

joethepro 11-25-2007 02:51 AM

does anyone know more specifics about kenny tran and brandon adams making a book together?