Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Who wins more games? Patriots...or the rest of the AFC East (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533576)

Daliman 10-29-2007 01:01 AM

Who wins more games? Patriots...or the rest of the AFC East

Obviously, there are as many guaranteed wins, ( barring ties) as games left between non-NE AFC east teams, but seriously, will the rest of the division win as many games as NE?( this seems a bit closer now than 2 weeks ago, when Buffalo was sucking too.)

P.S. As of now, NE holds an 8-4 lead.

Russ M. 10-29-2007 01:01 AM

Re: WHo wins more games? Pariots...or the rest of the AFC East

"That's great. But who are the Chefs?"

bottomset 10-29-2007 01:08 AM

NE will probably finish with a decent lead in this category

Miami and NYJ will only wind 1-3 each
Buffalo maybe 6-7

Jurollo 10-29-2007 01:11 AM

Between the 3 of them they are guaranteed 6 wins

Mia @ NYJ
Mia @ Buf
Buf @ Mia
Buf @ NYJ
NYJ @ Mia
NYJ @ Buf

Add 1 more win from Buf they already have. Maybe 3 more combined wins tops. That is 10. Not even close.

NozeCandy 10-29-2007 01:12 AM

DA Pats

stormstarter28 10-29-2007 01:38 AM

this isn't even that close.

Semtex 10-29-2007 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Mia @ NYJ
Mia @ Buf
Buf @ Mia
Buf @ NYJ
NYJ @ Mia
NYJ @ Buf

Add 1 more win from Buf they already have. Maybe 3 more combined wins tops. That is 10. Not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]
miami beats NE at the end of the season if brady doesn't play. still wouldn't be close though.

dawade 10-29-2007 02:08 AM

Re: Who wins more games? Patriots...or the rest of the AFC East

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, there are as many guaranteed wins, ( barring ties) as games left between non-NE AFC east teams, but seriously, will the rest of the division win as many games as NE?( this seems a bit closer now than 2 weeks ago, when Buffalo was sucking too.)

P.S. As of now, NE holds an 8-4 lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

As quoted from Friday's Bill Simmons mailbag on ESPN.com...

"Q: A question for you and Cousin Sal for the next podcast: What would be the spread for "Patriots' regular-season total wins" vs. "rest of the AFC East's regular-season total wins"? If gambling were legal, I'd take the Patriots minus-2.5.
--Sean, New York

SG: I think you'd have to make that line higher. Right now, the rest of the AFC East is a combined 3-17 with 28 games to go; they play each other four more times (two Bills-Jets games, one Jets-Dolphins game, one Bills-Jets game), so their lowest possible win total can be seven. I don't see the Bills and Jets finishing with more than five wins, and I can't imagine any scenario in which the Dolphins win more than three games. If anything, I could see the three of them combining for something in the 10-11 range. So you'd have to open the line at "Pats by 3.5," and there's a good chance it would get wagered up to "Pats by four" within a few hours. I want to come back in my next life as a bookie."

bottomset 10-29-2007 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mia @ NYJ
Mia @ Buf
Buf @ Mia
Buf @ NYJ
NYJ @ Mia
NYJ @ Buf

[/ QUOTE ]
miami beats NE at the end of the season if brady doesn't play. still wouldn't be close though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brady is playing all 17games

Claunchy 10-29-2007 02:38 AM

Being generous, I figured Buffalo would get 6 wins, Jets 4, and Miami 2. NE will have 12 wins by Week 13, so NE.