Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   New to SH - Am I too aggro? - 3 hands (NL50) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530064)

Delphi 10-24-2007 05:12 AM

New to SH - Am I too aggro? - 3 hands (NL50)

I am new to short handed. I am a winning player at full ring NL100. As a result of two swingy weeks I am trying out short handed at NL50 at the moment. My first sessions were quite successful, I like the game and I think about staying at SH. So I'd like to find out whether my approach to SH is +EV or whether I just got lucky in the first sessions.

So far I played 23 / 16 / 5.

Here are some examples of aggro hands that may have worked. Will they work enough times to keep playing like that?

/// Edit: all hands with six players at the table

Hand 1
Hero BB: 50$
Villain SB 50$

Hero 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop: 4 folds, SB completes, <font color="red"> Hero raises to 2$ </font> , SB raises to 6$, <font color="red">Hero raises to 18$ </font>

My thinking was: When SB completes he is weak, therefore I steal. He 3-bets cause he thinks I'm stealing but nevertheless he is still weak, so I 4-bet.

Hand 2
UTG: 50$
UTG+1: 50$
Hero CO: 50$

Hero T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop: <font color="red"> UTG raises to 2$ </font>,UTG+1 calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises to 8$ </font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds
Flop: (18.5$) J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG checks, <font color="red"> Hero raises to 12$ </font>

Hand 3
Villain UTG 50$
Hero BU: 50$

Hero Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop: <font color="red"> UTG raises to 2$ </font>, 3 folds, Hero calls

Flop: (4.5$) J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> UTG raises to 2$ </font>,Hero raises to 7$ <font color="red"> UTG raises to 20$ </font>, Hero raises all in

rothko 10-24-2007 05:20 AM

Re: New to SH - Am I too aggro? - 3 hands (NL50)

all standard

cashstrapped 10-24-2007 05:22 AM

Youre stats are fine imo.
hand 2 and 3 are pretty standard but at this level there really is no need for the way you played hand 1 without specific reads.

kroeliewoelie 10-24-2007 05:25 AM

Re: New to SH - Am I too aggro? - 3 hands

Disclaimer: I wrote this thinking your were playing with 6 people. Since you are with less people, I don't know how much of this applies, since I suck in playing with less than 4 people. But I didn't want to delete, because I invested some time.

Hand 1: It's way too aggro for me. You have 1/3 of your stack in the pot preflop with one of the worst holdings possible. I don't mind raising the BB when SB open completes. But I think there are a lot of players who limp-reraise monsters, because they do not want to loose customers. Since you are quite aggressive (both preflop and postflop), this looks like a smart idea against you. As played, I'd fold to the 3bet preflop. My default tactic against a openlimping SB is:

Raise preflop: Button opening range + Ax,Kx
Check everything else.

If SB checks to me on the flop, I bet any hand on any board.

Hand 2: Depends on UTG openingsrange. Against someone who opens tight I think this is a bit too aggressive, since he probably calls your 3bet only with TT+,AK or something. Against this range your equity is 35%. I prefer too play for set value, but I think TT is one of the most difficult hands to play. Maybe I underplay it, but I think you overplay it.

Hand 3: Try HU forum?

fabadam 10-24-2007 05:26 AM

Hand 2 and 3 seem pretty standard, but hand 1 looks overdone unless you have a specific read or image. Just enjoy the free flop, chances are you can steal it there as well.
(I have tons of hand in BB that go: all fold, SB completes, I check; random flop, SB check, I bet 2BB with any 2, fold.)

Tsicafrou 10-24-2007 05:26 AM

Why do you think hand 3 is standard ?
There's clearly no fold equity as villain seems eager to put his stack in the middle. I think he shows AJ or JJ+ often here, and we're going to be ~ 66/33 for all our stack here.
How is it good ?

Delphi 10-24-2007 05:32 AM

Thanks for the replies.
All hands are with 6 players. I just entered the ones involved in the action.

Esection 10-24-2007 05:36 AM

hand 1: raise to 5 bbs. also, i would prolly shy away from hands like 63o etc. if its suited raise all day.

hand 2: pf is fine. bet more on flop. 13-14.5 is fine.

hand 3: a bit on the aggressive side and ur likely behind, but you prolly have 11 good outs. not a hudge leak.

Ranma4703 10-24-2007 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1: raise to 5 bbs. also, i would prolly shy away from hands like 63o etc. if its suited raise all day.

hand 2: pf is fine. bet more on flop. 13-14.5 is fine.

hand 3: a bit on the aggressive side and ur likely behind, but you prolly have 11 good outs. not a hudge leak.

[/ QUOTE ]
on hand 2, no matter what you bet he is probably folding everything but his jacks, maybe 88/99, so betting more is just stupid. If he is passive and won't raise w/o a good hand, bet 5-6$, if he is aggressive than I like 10-11$, and I'm betting that amount on that board with QQ+ and AJ.