Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

Gelford 11-05-2007 06:38 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm having the greatest results in a long time since I ditched all the balancing and other fancy stuff etc. People don't watch you. And the turnover is too great on the micro and small limits. everyone who is saying otherwise, because the games got so tough is full of it. seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, uNL is crap, that is fo sho ... and ssnl ?

Yeah, it might be crap too ... there really is no need for much beyond the ubernit.

but still ... It really was wierd, I mean you should see some of his hands.

And in the end I managed to bluff checkraise the river on a scaryboard with air and a 25BB pot. And he folded, cos he never raised himself without the goods (and I had played ABC for hours)

I mean folding for 1BB into a 25BB pot is awesomely predictable.

Gives me hope that I might get out of my recent state of suckage ... cos I suck these days .. I really do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Genz 11-05-2007 06:42 PM

I can't really speak for ssnl. But what I see in the coaching videos, a solid style is a moneymaker. that doesn't mean that one has to be an übernit. Of course one has to open the game when one moves up in limits. But not as much as many people seem to think.

Gelford 11-05-2007 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't really speak for ssnl. But what I see in the coaching videos, a solid style is a moneymaker. that doesn't mean that one has to be an übernit. Of course one has to open the game when one moves up in limits. But not as much as many people seem to think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly Genz ???

I dunno about playing higher, but 200NL can be beaten with a 15/13 game .. hell 14/12 fwiw ... It is one of the most boring exercises, but a nice hourly if you can stand it.

Genz 11-05-2007 06:47 PM

I obv. have to believe you, because you are the one with experience (I actually think you tarped me here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ).

ICMoney 11-05-2007 06:48 PM

Some dude in bbv posted a 400k hand graph where he was running 6pt or something.

His stats are 20/10 and is up $250k.

Guess you don't need to open up too much.
Thread

edit: forgot to quote.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gelford 11-05-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I obv. have to believe you, because you are the one with experience (I actually think you tarped me here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah I didn't tarp you ... but yeah, I have the experience it is all good, there are plenty of weak players (even if a lot of them don't buyin full) to make NAG a profitable style.

It is all about ambition, if you just want a decent hourly, then 8 tabling nitty is a decent route to take. The main adjustment is to be able to spot who is fish and who is good reg and target the fish.

Tho there is a catch ... once in a while a reg will try to exploit your tagfish ass, and well

That is the only time you actually need to start playing poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (or just find another table)

Gelford 11-05-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some dude in bbv posted a 400k hand graph where he was running 6pt or something.

His stats are 20/10 and is up $250k.

Guess you don't need to open up too much.
Thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow ... the scary part is his sick LOW pfr and aggression stats ???

ICMoney 11-05-2007 07:04 PM

Hey pretty sick G.

I think he plays on some fish Sweedish site, so 20/10 is prob not going to cut it on FT/PS, but maybe 18/16 is the new 30/25.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to add that before you quoted me.

Gelford 11-05-2007 07:07 PM

Any it is past midnight and I'm getting up at 6 am ... sigh.

Take care all ... pwn and so on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ICMoney 11-05-2007 07:12 PM

My first day on the job is tomorrow.

Have to go shave and find some clothes.

Enjoy school while you can boys.