Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Check raised on the turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536635)

Absolution 11-02-2007 12:40 AM

Check raised on the turn

This guy is 40/20/2. He seems solid:

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero...

knockonwood 11-02-2007 12:53 AM

Re: Check raised on the turn

easy fold against an unknown.

rzk 11-02-2007 01:02 AM

he can have KJ of course but there are so many hands you are losing to. add in the rio and i'm folding.

Realyn 11-02-2007 01:18 AM

i also fold after _betting_ and getting raised.

however, if i know that he will do this with draws sometimes, i check the turn 100% of the time. Yeah you give freecards and that sucks, but imho:

EV from checking and give freecards &gt; EV from betting and folding to a raise.

6 bb is huge, i want to see a showdown here. Also there is not much value in betting the turn. there are not many worse pairs that will call, obvious draws will.

rzk 11-02-2007 01:22 AM

in a 6BB pot giving a free card to a 10 outer is _very_ expensive.

milesdyson 11-02-2007 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
can you make basic assumptions and show some math to prove this statement?

ThxBearl 11-02-2007 01:34 AM

Fold.

I would bet the turn too.

Prob has KQ or AQ.

rzk 11-02-2007 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't think i was making a controversial statement [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
a 10 outer comes in roughly 1/5. so his equity share in the pot is 1.2BB. if you bet and he calls, his equity share in the new pot is 8/5 = 1.4 BB, but that includes 1BB of the extra money he had to put in, so by charging him to draw you reduce the equity share from 1.2BB to 0.4BB, i.e. giving him a free card costs roughtly .8BB

thepizzlefosho 11-02-2007 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't think i was making a controversial statement [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
a 10 outer comes in roughly 1/5. so his equity share in the pot is 1.2BB. if you bet and he calls, his equity share in the new pot is 8/5 = 1.4 BB, but that includes 1BB of the extra money he had to put in, so by charging him to draw you reduce the equity share from 1.2BB to 0.4BB, i.e. giving him a free card costs roughtly .8BB

[/ QUOTE ]

your math needs to take into account the times when he c/r bluffs you out of the pot, and the times when you collect a bluff bet on the river. I don't know how to do this because its late and I'm lazy, but checking behind and calling on a safe river here cant be too horrible against a very aggressive player that will take shots at you on the river.

that being said I prolly still b/f the turn most of the time.

Realyn 11-02-2007 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah sorry but this math is [censored].

you are absolut ignoring the factor bluffing on the river, hell maybe he will valuebet 22 vs Ak ...